Description: Auto Battle is an Android game that offers players the usual sort of MMO features on mobile, but there’s no need to engage in combat yourself, in fact Auto Battle does everything for you. Even when you log out, the game will continue to farm XP and gear by fighting enemies on your behalf. In Auto Battle, you can go ahead and spend a lot of time customizing your hero and making sure you have a character that you can be proud of. A cool feature of Auto Battle is that you can smelt your lower-level gear in order to create higher-level unique gear. Add all of this together and you have an MMORPG game on Android that seems to be well-suited for mobile. Read on to see what we thought of it.
How it Works: Downloading Auto Battle from the Play Store is the first place to head and once you’ve done that, you’ll be asked how you want to sign in.
From there, you’ll be given an introduction into what the game has to offer you, and it’s an entertaining read to say the least.
Getting your account setup is prettyy nice and easy, and all you need do is select the type of warrior you want to fight as, and there are of course avatars for both men and women.
Each time you play Auto Battle, you’ll be given a daily gift, which is a nice way of bringing people back to the game, even if it isn’t entirely original.
The main menu is pretty easily laid out for players to find something to do and the Sky Tower is where you’ll want to head in order to get your first battles started.
As you can see in the shot below, my character is losing health, dishing out damage automatically while the stats fill up below, making this a game that’s nice and easy to just sit back and watch.
You can create and customize a team of warriors to fight for you online no matter wherever you are or how good your connection on your smartphone is. This is a great game for those that like all the aspects of an MMORPG, but don’t want to mess around with finicky controls or anything similar.
Opinion: I enjoy playing MMORPG games, with Elder Scrolls Online being my favorite right now and while I would love to have a similar experience on a smartphone, Android just wasn’t meant for that sort of 3D gaming, at least not in my opinion. Auto Battle has all the sort of customization, as well as some crafting elements to it that MMO gamers love, but it’s simplified. You don’t need to spend time actually playing the game in order to get all the loot that you want. Which sounds like cheating, but have you ever wondered what happens to your characters when you’re offline? Auto Battle is exciting, thanks to the prospect of ever-improving new weapons and armor and while I wish that there was a little more animation to it, this is a pretty good way of creating an MMO on a mobile platform.
- Speed (4/5) – Auto Battle runs well and there’s no need to wait around for things as the game does it for you.
- Features (4/5) – With a solid array of MMO features and gameplay mechanics, Auto Battle is a game that really does offer something a little different, but I doubt it’ll be for everone.
- Theme (3.5/5) – While Auto Battle does look good, I would have liked there to be some more animations or something that brings a little more excitement to the tablet. Still, the artwork is very nice indeed.
- Overall (4/5) – A solid alternative to often clunky and hard to get into MMORPG games for Android, Auto Battle makes it simple and exciting to enjoy what we love most about MMO games without the need for the associated hassle.
- Doesn’t ask too much of its players, isn’t too difficult to get to grips with.
- Unique Smelting side of the game gives players a great way to craft like other MMO titles.
- Your character keeps on progressing even when you don’t have time to play, which is great because some of us don’t have all the time we’d like for games.
- No finicky controls or awkward 3D graphics.
- Might not be all that exciting for die-hard 3D MMORPG players.
- Some more exciting animations or something similar would help liven the look of the game up.
Conclusion: While it might not be something that die-hard console gamers can get behind, there’s a lot to like here. Auto Battle is a nice, casual MMORPG that makes it easy to create a character and still have them progress even when you don’t have the time to play. The Smelting part of the game will help players get their crafting fix and while I do wish that there were some more exciting elements to the game, Auto Battle is anything but boring. A great option for busy people and casual gamers alike, there’s more than meets the eye to Auto Battle.