Description: Arcade Basketball 3D is a game for Android that recreates those basketball games that you might have found in arcades or carnivals on your smartphone or tablet. With realistic physics and some good 3D graphics, the game is designed to be both challenging as well as good, all-round fun. There’s a level system built in here as well, with you having to reach a certain score in order to reach the next level. Arcade Basketball 3D might not seem like the most advanced Android game, but it does look like good fun. So, is it?
How it Works: To start shooting some hoops here, you’ll need to download Arcade Basketball 3D from the Play Store and you’ll be ready to go.
There’s a short introduction on how to play the game, and then you’re ready to shoot.
I was happy to see a detailed ball model at use here, and I found the game to be quite challenging, it’s nowhere near as simple and easy to do as you keep on trying to score hoop after hoop.
There are different levels going from level 2 which asks you to hit 80 points all the way up to 300 points to hit level 5. I’m not quite there yet, so my scores haven’t been that good so far, but I’m sure I’ll get there before long.
Opinion: These sorts of games aren’t new, there’s no way of avoiding that, however that doesn’t mean this can’t still be fun. That frantic yet precise operation to keep your score going up is really quite compelling. The graphics here are really quite good, with an excellent ball model and a satisfying sway for the net when you make a basket. So too, are the physics at work here, with the ball having the same sort of weight to it you’d expect a full size basketball to carry and overall it’s quite satisfying. As a game that helps to pass the time, Arcade Basketball 3D is right up there, but for more serious gamers it might not satisfy them quite the same.
- Speed (4/5) – The game runs well and I never found myself waiting around for anything to load.
- Features (4/5) – A simple and easy to play game that’s really quite satisfying, Arcade Basketball 3D is definitely a fun game.
- Theme (4/5) – The graphics here are nice and while I wish there was a little more going on in the background, the 3D graphics are sharp and there’s some good sound effects here as well.
- Overall (4/5) – A solid, easy to pickup and play game, Arcade Basketball 3D is something worth looking into if you’re in the mood for a bit of fun.
- Looks good on smartphones as well as tablets, with some sharp 3D graphics at use.
- Gameplay wise, a fun and simple game that everyone could pickup.
- Looks easy, but is quite satisfying and challenging to get into the later levels.
- Arcade Basketball 3D is just good fun, offering something to kill time and relax with.
- Isn’t the first game to offer an arcade basketball experience.
- Might be too difficult for those casual gamers looking for instant gratification.
Conclusion: Arcade Basketball 3D is all we could ask for in a simple arcade game, it looks good, plays well and is well, a lot of fun. It’s easy on the eye and there’s a lot on offer for players looking for a bit of fun to relax with. It looks good and it’s easy to pickup with some decent sound effects and realistic physics that real ball players will be familiar with.