Description: VIPole Secure Messenger is a new messaging app for Android that offers complete security from prying eyes. It strongly encrypts your shared files, your voice or video calls, your simple text messages and makes sure that nobody gets access to your messages but you and the people you’re talking to. In fact, VIPole goes far that only users with the app installed can talk to each other or share files, making it that much more secure. While the security aspect of things is obviously the focus here, VIPole can be used to help out those talking to international friends family, or coworkers as it’s cheaper than using your phone network’s roaming bills. You can find out more about VIPole from their website, and by taking a look at the introductory video below.
How it Works: First of all, you’ll need to download VIPole Secure Messenger from the Play Store. Then, you can either sign-in with an account you’ve already created or create a new one. There is a free version of VIPole for those users that don’t need all the advanced features available.
Unlike other apps and services, VIPole relies on more than just a username and a password, asking for a secret phrase, too. This might seem like a small addition, but this secret phrase is only known to the user, it is never sent to the server and files and messages are encrypted using this as a key. VIPole cannot decrypt users’ files without this key, and it isn’t known to them, making things even more private.
VIPole is laid out similarly to other messaging apps, which is a nice touch as users don’t want to relearn how to use something just to get extra security with their messages.
In order to communicate with coworkers or friends securely, you’ll need to first add them as a contact by inputting their login info.
Once your contact has authorized you, you can go ahead and start communicating. From one message thread, you can send images, simple text, start a phone call, share ZIP files or whatever you want. It’ll all be encrypted and sent without others being able to get a look at your information.
You can even use emoticons! Starting a phone call is really easy as well, and you can do just that by hitting the receiver icon in the top right-hand corner of the UI.
Overall, it’s pretty clear that VIPole has everything you’d want from a messaging client and if you were wondering about how secure the app really is, click on the infographic below to get a detailed overview.
Opinion: VIPole Secure Messenger is an interesting application and service, not only does it work great on either Android smartphones or tablets, but it’s truly cross-platform as well. As a messaging app, it appears to be pretty simple, with all the file sharing, image sharing and messaging options you would expect from such an app like group chat and more. However, underneath it all is some really powerful encryption working away to keep your information and data safe. What I most liked about the whole package was that there really wasn’t much evidence that I was using anything other than a run of the mill messaging app, and that’s how it should be. There’s no point in creating a super-secure application if nobody knows how to use it, or if they feel too uncomfortable to use it. Here, VIPole gets the balance right between features and security, without sacrificing on either.
- Speed (4/5) – Everything runs fairly quickly here, but I did find that file transfers weren’t as quick as I liked.
- Features (5/5) – Thanks to the strong encryption and all the messaging features that you could want, VIPole ticks all of the right boxes and then some, all while keeping your data and information secure.
- Theme (4/5) – The app itself looks good and it’s more than easy enough to use, so there’s no complaints here.
- Overall (4.5/5) – It might be a little pricey, but if you really need to keep your information secure for business purposes or just to keep your private life private, then VIPole is an excellent solution.
- Allows you to share images, files and more all through one screen.
- Encrypts everything without the user having to do any extra work, allowing them to rest easy.
- Works well on tablets or smartphones, making it more flexible as well as much more secure than the likes of WhatsApp.
- Not just an Android app, it’s truly cross platform and will help you stay – safely – in touch no matter what platform you’re using.
- Is quite pricey, especially if you just want something that’s a little more secure, but this is excellent for business users and others like it and there is a free version available.
- Persistent notification can be a little annoying.
Conclusion: Is VIPole expensive? Well, yes. However, if you’re the type of user that needs to keep sensitive information like business accounts or a client’s documents then VIPole is an excellent way to keep in touch with your colleagues or family without having to worry about your information appearing where you don’t want it to. It’s more than just an Android app, and if you were looking for a complete solution that happens to have an excellent Android app, then VIPole might just be the one you’ve been waiting for. As a messaging app, it has everything you want, with options all over the place, but as a security app, it’s effortless and just works.