Early this morning – at least for those of us here in the US – Samsung, Sony and a few other manufacturers had their IFA 2014 press conferences, where they announced a slew of devices. Like the Galaxy Note 4, the Galaxy Note Edge, and Sony announced the Xperia Z3, Xperia Z3 Compact, Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact and the Xperia E3. Acer and ASUS also had events this morning, so we’re going to wrap it all up for you right now.
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
This morning, around 9am ET, Samsung took the stage and had three simultaneous events. One in NYC, Berlin and Beijing. Of course, the main one was in Berlin since it was at IFA 2014 and guess what, that’s where IFA is. They announced the Galaxy Note 4, which is about what we expected. As far as specs go, we’ve got a 5.7-inch Quad HD display (that’s 2560×1440 resolution), 3GB of RAM, 32GB of storage with a microSD card slot, 16MP camera on the back and a 3.7MP camera on the front. It also has a 3220mAh battery and Android 4.4.4 KitKat on board. It also has some Android L aspects. We also have availability for Canada and the US already.
Samsung Galaxy Note Edge
The Galaxy Note Edge was the product that was a bit of a surprise. We had heard some rumors that Samsung might release a Galaxy Note with a curved display. Specs are pretty much the same as the Galaxy Note 4, except for a slightly smaller display and slightly less pixels. But it’s coming to a few carriers in the US as well. Which is surprising.
Sony Xperia Z3, Xperia Z3 Compact and Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact
The Sony Xperia Z3 was about what we expected as well. It features a 5.2-inch 1920×1080 display, Snapdragon 801 processor, 3GB of RAM, 20MP camera, along with a 3100mAh battery inside. Sony also announced the Xperia Z3 Compact which has the exact same specs as the Xperia Z3, but with a smaller display, a 4.6-inch 720p display. There’s also the Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact which is a 8-inch tablet with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, 3GB of RAM and a 4500mAh battery. All three of these devices from Sony are waterproof as well. And it’s also coming to T-mobile pretty soon!
Other Odds & Ends
- Acer Announces the Iconia Tab 10 With Cinema Sound
- ASUS Announces The ZenWatch, Android Wear Smartwatch At IFA 2014
- Toshiba Unveils Chromebook 2 With Skullcandy Audio, 1080p Display
- Sony Announce the SmartBand Talk with eInk Display and Calling Capabilities
- Sony’s Bluetooth Walkman WS610 Headset Stores Music Locally And Can Be Worn Under Water
- EE to Offer the Xperia Z3 the Xperia Z3 Compact and the Xperia E3 in the UK
- Acer Liquid Z500 Gets Unveiled With A 5-Inch Screen And Front-Facing Speakers
- Samsung’s Galaxy Note 4 Can Charge From “0 to 50 in 30â€³