Supposed Moto X+1 Hits the FCC, Destined for AT&T

August 29, 2014 - Written By Alexander Maxham

With Motorola’s event coming up next week in Chicago, we are beginning to see more and more leaks for the devices they are announcing. Which is mostly the Moto X+1 and the Moto G2. As we already know just about everything about the Moto 360. The Moto X+1 is said to have a 5.2-inch 1080p display, Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor, 2GB of RAM, 16GB/32GB/64GB of storage, and a 13MP camera. So far there’s no word on the battery size, but given that it it is a 5.2-inch display and Motorola does use LG’s batteries, we could very well see a 3,000mAh battery inside this one.

A mystery Motorola device has hit the FCC, which we aren’t 100% sure it’s the Moto X+1, but it’s very likely. Additionally, all of the bands that it lists are all for AT&T. So it looks like we’ve got our Moto X+1 for AT&T here in front of our eyes. Now we haven’t seen a Moto X+1 hit the FCC for the other carriers just yet, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see AT&T with a month or two exclusivity on the Moto X this year. Much like they got with Moto Maker this year. While it would suck, I can still see it happening. Also, according to these documents from the FCC, it looks like the Model Number and FCC ID will be on the bottom of the device. And according to Droid Life’s sources, they have said the same thing. Which leads us to believe that this is the real deal.

Either way, we’ll find out next Thursday. As Motorola holds their press event, which looks to be a lot like the one they did last year for the Moto X, where they basically had press come in and get briefed with some hands-on time and then all the news came out together. So no live stream of the event, unfortunately. However, we will be there to see what Motorola has to announce.

moto-x-fcc moto-x-fcc1 new-motorola-5.9