Description: I Know the Cartoon is a simple arcade style game for Android that asks you to guess which cartoon is being depicted in the image. It’s a fun quiz game that asks you to input the cartoon’s name with an arrangement of letters you’ll need to put in the right order. Unlike other games however, I Know the Cartoon is really quite tricky and there’s no hints as to how many letters make up the Cartoon’s name, just a hint at how many words there are. The game has been put together by one person and it’s a nice change from games that focus on ads or in-app purchases, but how much fun is it?
How it Works: As with other similar games, I Know the Cartoon needs to be downloaded from the Play Store before you can get going, but after that you’re ready to start playing.
You can either log in with Facebook or choose a difficulty to get started with.
The first question that I came to was about Spongebob Squarepants, and while that seems obvious to me now, I did find it quite tricky to put two-and-two together at first.
If you get it right you’ll be given some points as well as some more towards to your credits, too. These credits can be used to get a little help when you’re stuck with one of your next cartoon questions.
You can recharge these credits or you can purchase some for a small in-app fee. However, there’s no need to spend any real money if you don’t want to and while some of the questions seem tricky the art is all from one person so everything is nice and uniform at least.
Opinion: I Know the Cartoon is a game that has a pretty decent concept to it and while we’ve seen and played these games before, it’s still a good deal of fun. It’s a great game for parents to play alongside their little ones and there’s a nice element of challenge here as well. I like that there’s no clue as to how many letters each word is and all of the animations are nice as well. However, it’s clear that the game has only been put together through the work of one person. While there’s nothing wrong with that, it would be nice to see the game gain a little more polish, which we’re sure will be coming in future updates. Still, none of that stops it from being the fun game that it is.
- Speed (4/5) – Everything runs just fine with I Know the Cartoon and you can take things at your own pace.
- Features (4/5) – It’s not the most original concept for a game out there, but it is still a lot of fun and the plain and simple images add to the overall challenge of the game, something we don’t see enough of in these sorts of game.s
- Theme (3.5/5) – While everything is made by one man, things do look but a certain level of polish is missing. Over time, we’re sure the game will look good everywhere, not just in the question part of the app.
- Overall (4/5) – A solid game that offers users a chance to test their cartoon knowledge, I Know the Cartoon is a good quiz game to try out.
- Easy to pickup and play without any fiddly controls getting in the way.
- Challenging without being too difficult, with help on hand if you need it.
- A nice game for parents and little ones to play together.
- Breath of fresh air compared to other games from bigger studios.
- Takes a long time to build up credits for free.
- Needs a little extra polish in the menus and on tablets for it to look better.
Conclusion: While it’s not the best-looking game out there, there’s only so much we can expect from one person. However, the game doesn’t look bad at all and it’ a good deal of fun, which is all that really matters. It would be nice to see some extra polish here and there, but the game can only get better. So, if you’re a fan of these sorts of games, then go ahead and download I Know the Cartoon to take a look at what’s in store for you as a cartoon fan.