Description: Fatal Fall is an arcade style Android game that tests your reaction skills as you guide the unfortunate drunk, to survival. The game has you adjust Jack’s fall left and right as you avoid obstacles like rocks and such jutting out of the cliff. Jack is an unfortunate lad that went drinking one night and found an inviting crater, looking to prove himself he decides to step into the crater. Obviously, this is an insanely bad idea, but it’s up to you to make sure that Jack doesn’t end up dead by the time he reaches the bottom of this seemingly endless hole.
Black Friday 2017 Deals: Find Great Deals on Android Smartphones, TV’s, Smart Speakers, Chromebooks and More.
How it Works: As with any other Android game, you’ll have to download Fatal Fall from the Play Store. Then, you’re ready to start playing.
The tutorial will give you a quick look at how to play the game and how to control Jack as he hurtles to the ground, but really the controls are super straightforward.
When you first start playing, you’re given a nice, tongue-in-cheek, intro into just what the hell Jack is thinking…
After you’ve pushed poor Jack down into the crater, all you need to do is to move him left or right in mid-air to avoid the rocks jutting out of the crater.
The longer you fall for, the higher your score at the end of your run will be, of course when you hit a rock, that’s it – game over!
At the end of your run, you’re given a score and you can choose to add this to the game’s leaderboard, much like you would have done in the arcades of the 80s.
If you keep on beating your high scores and get really good at the game, you can earn yourself some cool new costumes.
Opinion: Fatal Fall is a cool game, it’s got a sense of humor and it feels very much like something I might have come across back in the arcades of my youth. No matter what though, there’s no arguing that there’s a lot of fun on offer here. It’s simple and while it can feel like just another endless runner, there’s a definite charm to the game and should keep players entertained for a long time. Fatal Fall is also pleasantly challenging as well, there’s no easy ride here, you’ve really got to work at getting that high score, as there’s a delicate rhythm of how you adjust Jack’s flight as he potentially heads to a messy end. A lot of fun, it’s hard to deny that Fatal Fall is a nice distraction and works well on mobile, be it smartphone or tablet.
- Speed (4/5) – I didn’t come across any issues when running Fatal Fall on a number of devices and the pacing is nice, without being too slow or anything like that.
- Features (4/5) – While it’s certainly a lot of fun, it doesn’t appear that there’s too much depth to Fatal Fall, but some recently added features have filled things out a bit.
- Theme (4/5) – Fatal Fall features graphics that are fairly good and have some nice retro charm to them, but some more going on in the background would be nice to see.
- Overall (4/5) – Despite the fact that it’s a little simple, Fatal Fall is a fun game and there’s a lot to love about it.
- Easy to get to grips with and play whenever.
- Tongue-in-cheek humor gives the game a lot of charm.
- Fatal Fall is a game that keeps on asking more of you, by challenging you to beat your last high score.
- Cartoony graphics are nice, even if they’re not high-resolution.
- Doesn’t have too much depth to it, but then again it can be quite addictive.
- More detailed background would definitely jazz up the game.
Conclusion: Fatal Fall is certainly a game worth giving a go, even if you’re not into these endless runner kind of games. It has enough charm and sense of humor to it to put a smile on people’s faces and it’s nice and simple to get into. A nice distraction that will kill those long, boring commutes or infuriate you trying to beat that high score when you should be asleep, Fatal Fall could be your next guilty pleasure.