Description: Easy Voice Recorder is, as you can probably guess, an Android app designed to help you simply and easily record things using your Android smartphone or tablet. By now, there are hundreds of voice recorders to choose from in the Play Store, but Easy Voice Recorder focuses on being simple and easy to use while still offering high-quality recordings and some advanced features under the hood to boot. While it’s certainly easy to use, there are some extra settings available with Easy Voice Recorder making it one of the more advanced voice recorders out there, while still being ready to go with just a few taps of your finger.
How it Works: To start recording your lectures, notes or whatever you’ll first need to download Easy Voice Recorder from the Play Store. Once you’ve done that and the app is installed, you can start recording with a simple tap.
From there, you’re device will start recording, and you can pause your recording and resume a few seconds later if you like, or just hit the done button to close off your recording.
From the player side of the app, you can press and hold to get some more options. Here, you can rename your recording.
You can also easily share your recording to cloud storage or email from this menu as well.
Little touches like the notification while recording are nice to see.
There are a slew of settings included as well, some of which can only be found in the pro version of the app, which is hardly expensive.
Opinion: I’m pretty oldschool in how I keep notes, while the rest of the staff here use Drive and Evernote and such, I stick to fountain pen and paper. To go along with that note taking however, comes either live video or recordings. I’ve always found it easy to write notes down when using a voice recording as reference, and over the years I’ve tried them all. The pretty apps, the fully-featured apps and more, but what Easy Voice Recorder does is get the balance between advanced features and quick usage just right. There are a hell of a lot of settings available for those interested to poke around with, but if you need to record something quickly, and get a reliable recording, this is a great option for that as well.
- Speed (5/5) – From launching the app to recording is a matter of seconds using a current smartphone and it’s a smooth app overall
- Features (4/5) – A nice blend of advanced and easy to use features come together in Easy Voice Recorder, delivering convenience as well as extra settings when you want them.
- Theme (4/5) – Using Google’s Android guidelines, the app blends in well and while the menus feel a little cluttered, it looks good and works well.
- Overall (4/5) – An excellent choice for those looking for something that just works, while also offering some customizability and advanced features, Easy Voice Recorder is a nifty app to have installed.
- Takes only a matter of seconds to start recording after the app is installed.
- Interface is easy to follow and fairly literally in what does what.
- Lots of settings available to tune and change to your heart’s content.
- Sounds great and offers stereo recording in the pro version.
- Menus can feel a little cluttered, with too many entries.
- Themes would be a nice touch for students looking to make studying a little less boring.
Conclusion: Easy Voice Recorder is one of those apps that will always make itself useful when installed on your devices and if you’re a student, you’ll find it invaluable. The pro version doesn’t cost much at all and even if you don’t need all those neat settings, it’s still super-easy to use and will always deliver clear, easy to hear results even in large lecture halls. A must-have for students and those jumping from meeting-to-meeting, Easy Voice Recorder does what it sets out to do and works well.