Description: Hizaxy TV is an app for Android that allows you to tap into TV stations from around the world and stream them live to your smartphone and tablet. It features channels from the US, the UK, China, the Middle East, Europe and more. These channels are broken up into seven categories (News, Sport, Movies, Other, Children, Religion & Documentaries). A great of way catching the news wherever you are or catching up on sport events, like the Brazilian World Cup Hizaxy TV can help you stay entertained on the go and will help you keep in the loop without having to spend hours reading news online or jumping through hoops just to get to your content.
How it Works: First of all, you’ll need to download Hizaxy TV from the Play Store and then agree to the terms and conditions. We hate AirPush ads and they’re really intrusive, so it’s a good job you can choose to not allow them here.
Once you’re into the app, you can take a look at the channels on offer. This list is often updated every now and then so you might find something different from the last time you checked.
When you’ve chosen a stream you want to watch, you’ll have to wait a little bit for the stream to load and you’ll be ready to go.
Great in landscape mode, you can easily get a look at the different categories on offer.
Opinion: Hizaxy TV is one of those apps that I don’t feel 100% comfortable using thanks to the legality of streaming TV, but it does certainly work. The quality is a little hit and miss, but there’s a decent variety of channels on offer and it works well on smartphones and tablets. It goes without saying that this sort of thing requires a 4G or WiFi connection to work well, but chances are you already knew that. I really wish that the developer didn’t use AirPush ads as they’re awfully intrusive, but you can choose to not allow them if you want.
- Speed (4/5) – Streams load fairly quickly and there’s very little waiting around, if at all when dealing with channels.
- Features (4/5) – A solid selection of channels on offer throughout Europe, the US and the Far East, Hizaxy TV has a lot going for it.
- Theme (4/5) – The quality of the streams on offer here could be better, but to say they’re free and no ad blocks your viewing, they’re good enough.
- Overall (4/5) – It’s not perfect, and we’re not entirely sure it’s even legal, but the app certainly works well and there’s a good selection of channels here.
- Doesn’t take too long for streams to load and the servers seem to be fairly stable as well.
- Easy to find channels with something on thanks to the selection and category selection.
- Each channel shows you what program is on so you can tune in to your favorite weekly programs.
- Great for those traveling overseas that want a taste of home.
- AirPush ads leave a bad taste in your mouth.
- Option for HD streaming would be nice.
Conclusion: Hizaxy TV is far from perfect, but it’s a free app that has a lot to offer users. I really wish that the developer hadn’t turned to AirPush ads, but we understand they need to make money somehow. Ads never encroach on your viewing in full screen though, so there’s nothing too much to worry about. Regardless, there are lots of channels to choose from, and the app works well on smartphones as well as tablets, making Hizaxy TV one of the more promising TV streaming apps available on Android.