Description: Jewels Jumble is a puzzle game for Android that adds a new twist to the classic match three gameplay a lot of people have become accustomed to. Rather than just match three gems of the same color, you need to make sure you always match three or more – otherwise there will be a score penalty. More than that however, is the change to how you clear gems from the board and complete levels. You have to clear gems that are laid out at the top of the display, in order to complete the level, you need to change the entire board transparent, doing so whilst meeting your score target and being careful to meet the time limit.
How it Works: Once you’ve downloaded Jewels Jumble from the Play Store, you’re ready to start playing.
When you first start playing, you’re given an introduction into how to play the game properly.
It’s not too difficult to get used to the play style at work here, but you will have to pay attention to the rules of the game. To get a three-star rating for each level, you need to complete all three things listed above. It can be quite difficult to get those three stars, so be sure to pay close attention when playing.
The overall look and feel of the game is colorful, without being too much and there’s no complicated controls to master here, all you need to do is swipe across three or more gems in the right order as shown towards the top of the display.
While playing, you’ll come across some cool powerups that remove lots of gems and give you big boosts to your score.
At the end of each level, you will be given a rating out of three starts of how well you’ve done.
Opinion: Jewels Jumble is a fun game, thanks to the fact that it subtly changes the formula that a lot of puzzle players will be familiar with. Having to hunt and find a specific combination of gems is a nice touch and adds a sort of feeling of purpose to the game, rather than just going through matching random gems together, you have to play the game and meet the requirements. It’s a decent-looking game, even if the graphics aren’t overly spectacular it’s decent enough to look at. The powerups are fun to match as well.
- Speed (4/5) – It’s a quick game and the pacing forces you to think on your feet, too.
- Features (4/5) – The change to the original formula of match three is cool and the powerups are a lot of fun when they come up.
- Theme (4/5) – A good-looking game that’s easy to use, Jewels Jumble is a pleasing game.
- Overall (4/5) – A nice twist to the original formula, Jewels Jumble is a fun game that changes a fun formula that a lot of people will be familiar with, but will like a change.
- Jewels Jumble works well and offers puzzle fans a nice new change from the age-old match three formula.
- Good-looking game that has some nice visual flare.
- Easy to get to grips with and pickup and play no matter where you are.
- Powerups and more offer some exciting turns to the game.
- Doesn’t look all that great on tablets.
- Could do with some clearer instructions for new players.
Conclusion: Jewels Jumble is a fun game that casual gamers and fans of puzzle games in general should take a look at, it might not be the best-looking game out there, but the changes to the original match three formula go along way. It can feel like a new game at times and penalizing people for matching just two gems is a good way of making sure players try their very best, rather than simply breeze through matching things as they go. You also have to match the gems that you’re told to, which is great as it gives the game purpose. Overall, Jewels Jumble is a fun game that has a lot to offer players both familiar with puzzle games and those who aren’t.