Description: trakax is an Android app that’s designed to make creating your own movies as easy as it possibly can be, by bringing some very sophisticated processes you might find on your computer, to your Android phone. Trakax is laid out like a mixing desk and gives you six channels to bring in clips, multiple phones to create slideshows and of course music. Using the mixing desk, you can easily display any of the channels live in the preview pane on the left and adjust them. You can then create the movie you wanted from the materials you’ve collected. Great for budding filmmakers without expensive camera or computer equipment as well as new parents and those looking to create some home movie memories.
How it Works: There are two versions of trakax available, a free version to try out as well as a paid version that features everything the app has to offer. To give it a go, download trakax free from the Play Store, and for the pro version just download trakax to your Android smartphone or tablet. It’s worth remembering that the free version only allows exporting up to 480p, for those with large televisions or intending to show to a room filled with people, the pro version allows for exports up to 1080p. To get started, the developers have put together an excellent video to follow.
As you’ll discover from using trakax for just a little bit of time, there’s a lot of granularity on offer when dealing with your content. You can adjust your photos and such and you can even create good-looking credits and titles using the built in tools.
Creating your mix of music, images and movie clips is all done through an interface that looks and feels like you’re using a mixing desk from a studio. This is a nice touch as it delivers a sense of familiarity when people are adjusting how their end result will look – and sound – like.
For those that really want to control the soundtrack to their movie, they can edit audio within the app as well.
Opinion: Trakax is a wonderful app for those looking to create movies on their smartphone or tablet as it features all of the things you’d expect from an expensive piece of software, yet costs just a fraction of the price. With no need to spend hours and hours dealing with the complicated controls and procedures that PC software comes with, pretty much anyone can create their own movie from scratch. I particularly like the fact that everything is easy to get to and all of the controls are easy for anyone to use, you don’t have to be a rocket scientist to create a movie with clips and photos put together to a song of your choosing. If you pay for the pro version of trakax, you can even export files up to 1080p in size, perfect for the best screen in the house.
- Speed (4/5) – Despite completing some very complicated tasks indeed, Trakax remains a speedy application if you have a recent smartphone or tablet.
- Features (5/5) – With pretty much everything a home movie maker – or a filmmaker starting out – would want without the hefty price tag or need to read through a heavy manual, trakax has pretty much everything you could want.
- Theme (4.5/5) – The mixing desk look and feel is a nice, familiar touch that will appeal to the vast majority of users, regardless of whether or not they know their stuff when it comes to editing.
- Overall (4.5/5) – Trakax features the same sort of abilities you would expect from a high-end piece of PC software, but does so at a fraction of the cost from the device most people capture their most precious memories from in the first place.
- Pays attention to music as well as video clips, giving you even more control over the end result.
- No need to be a video-editing specialist as everything is straightforward and there’s some great pointers on hand from the developers.
- Works well on tablets just as it does on smartphones, which makes creating movies a more enjoyable experience.
- Lots of great features to adjust the look of photos, how sound is handled and more – basically this covers all the bases.
- Could make better use of tablet’s extra display space.
- Doesn’t allow for changing orientation of videos.
Conclusion: Trakax is simply an amazing application that looks great, runs great and isn’t very expensive at all. If you’re looking to create a home movie or something a little more in-depth, this has all the tools you could want and considering that there’s a free version to try out, there’s no reason not to give this a go. For how much the paid version costs, this is excellent value for money for an app that has a feature list longer than most people’s arms. Even if you only use 10% of what’s on offer from trakax you’ll be getting one of the best movie editing experiences on Android.