Description: My Psychic Friend is a fun and simple app for Android that aims to recreate the magic eight ball type of fortune telling with a little spin on things. Instead of shaking the device and being answered by a bizarre pool ball, you’re given an answer from a wise old soothsayer. Of which there are three in the Pro version, Larry the Grey Alien, Zanzibar the Mystic and Jenny the Genie. Each of them feature over 250 responses and you can simply ask them whatever you want. While obviously not meant to ask for serious answers, My Psychic Friend is a fun app that’s simple to use and is designed to be used for laughs and with friends.
Black Friday 2017 Deals: Find Great Deals on Android Smartphones, TV’s, Smart Speakers, Chromebooks and More.
How it Works: First of all, you’ll need to download My Psychic Friend from the Play Store. For a small fee you can purchase the paid version which brings with it more responses and gets rid of ads while adding the other two fun characters. Once you do get the app installed, asking one of the included characters a question is nice and simple, just hold down the button and speak your question.
Release the button and you’ll be given an answer to your question.
The majority of responses are tongue-in-cheek and the expressions of Zanzibar and the other two characters are certainly fun as well.
Sometimes, you’ll not be given an answer at all, instead prompting you to come back later or try another question, but often the responses are funny and uplifting. In the pro version of the app – which also gets rid of ads – there are two more characters to choose from, Larry the Grey Alien and Jenny the Genie.
Opinion: My Psychic Friend is just another app offering users a way to ask questions and get some non-scientific answers. We’ve seen these apps all too often before, but that’s not a bad thing, everyone need a little lift every now and then. With over 200 responses in the paid version, it should be a long while before you read the same response twice from your psychic friend. The other characters are a nice touch as well, so there’s more than enough here to keep people entertained for sure.
- Speed (4/5) – I had no issues with how My Psychic Friend performed on a couple of devices and everything ran fine.
- Features (3/5) – It’s a shame that there isn’t a little more on offer here, but it does do what it sets out to do well.
- Theme (4/5) – Everything looks okay unless you’re using this on a tablet, but the majority of users will be fine.
- Overall (4/5) – A fun and simple app that doesn’t try to hard to put a smile on your face, My Psychic Friend is worth trying out.
- My Psychic Friend is a nice new twist on the age old 8 Ball we used to play with.
- Great way to lift your day if you just want a little boost.
- Easy to use, no need to type or anything like that.
- Different characters and lots of responses are included.
- Could feel a little too familiar to other titles, but the characters here have some very amusing responses.
- Doesn’t look good on tablets.
Conclusion: While My Psychic Friend might feel very familiar to a lot of users, it still has a lot of value in it, and there’s no reason people shouldn’t give it a try. When played with friends My Psychic Friend can give you some real laughs and it’s clear that the responses here have been written to do just that. Paying a small fee gets rid of ads and there’s no need to pay for anything else through in-app purchases, so it’s an honest app as well as being a little bit of fun. While Zanzibar the Mystic is a lot of fun, it’s well worth paying the small fee to spend time with Larry the Grey Alien and Jenny the Genie.