Description: Thunder Stock Cars is a racing game for Android that aims to bring the thrill of stock car racing to your Android smartphone or tablet. Race in 3D like a NASCAR driver around the familiar oval circuits as you weave through tens of computer opponents on the track. You can either control your race car with tilt or touch controls and there’s also a virtual steering wheel option available as well. With a variety of levels on offer, Thunder Stock Cars is a cool game that pretty much anyone can get into. Read on to see how much fun we had with it.
Black Friday 2017 Deals: Find Great Deals on Android Smartphones, TV’s, Smart Speakers, Chromebooks and More.
How it Works: Much like other similar games on Android, you’ll have to download Thunder Stock Cars from the Play Store in order to hit the track. Once you do, you’re ready to start racing.
To change you control options, you just need to head to the Options page.
Once you choose a circuit, you’re ready to go.
When racing, you’ll need to not only try and get to top speed, but wrestle against other cars on the road, too.
There are a few tracks to choose from, and the more you play, the easier it becomes to unlock new circuits.
Driving at night can be particularly fun in Thunder Stock Cars
Opinion: I enjoy racing games on my smartphone, but Thunder Stock Cars is something that needs some work. The 3D graphics are here and look pretty good, but the rest of the game feels very much unfinished. The controls are finicky, and the menus feel overly empty. Still, we imagine this is the first in a number of versions of the game that will only continue to get better and better as each update comes. Every game has to start somewhere, and Thunder Stock Cars isn’t off to a bad start at all.
- Speed (4/5) – Thunder Stock Cars does run well and there were no issues when playing a number of devices.
- Features (3/5) – A great start, but there’s a lot of common features missing here, but the core gameplay is good.
- Theme (4/5) – We can’t complain about the presentation here, as this is a good-looking game that has some fluid frame rates.
- Overall (3.5/5) – With good graphics and decent gameplay at its heart, Thunder Stock Cars is off to a goof start, but need some added features and extra polish.
- Good-looking graphics feature some well-drawn cars and detailed backgrounds.
- Smooth frame rates on the majority of recent devices.
- Driving at night is a nice touch for sure.
- Touch, tilt and virtual wheel control options offer a good choice for players.
- Ads are very intrusive, and often cover key parts of the menu screens.
- More features and game modes needed to make Thunder Stock Cars feel like a fresh and new experience.
Conclusion: A great start to what we’re sure will grow into a fun game, Thunder Stock Cars runs well and looks good. With the core gameplay already here, all that appears to be needed is some more game modes and features for the game to feel more like a complete stock car racing game. As it stands however, there’s not too much to complain about here, apart from the ads. We understand – more than others – that ads are needed for free content to survive, but better placement of these ads is needed. A fun game that just needs some added polish, Thunder Stock Cars is a fun game that’s worth taking a look at.