Description: The Flapping Dead is, as you’ve probably guess, a Walking Dead Remix of the popular game Flappy Bird. A simple and fun game that a lot of us will know how to play by now, the Flapping Dead is a fun new take on the core formula that made Flappy Bird so addictive. Flapping Dead is a great homage to both the cult TV show as well as Flappy Bird. You can either jump through forests to escape the Zombies or the classic chain fences we all know and love from the show. With all of your favorite characters from the show, the Flapping Bird is a some simple fun that both fans of the show and Flappy Bird will get to enjoy.
Black Friday 2017 Deals: Find Great Deals on Android Smartphones, TV’s, Smart Speakers, Chromebooks and More.
How it Works: To fly away from the Zombie Apocalypse, you’ll need to download the Flapping Dead from the Play Store, and then you’re ready to go.
You can choose from 16 characters from the TV Show, but a lot of them will require unlocking before you can use them in levels.
Gameplay is pretty much what you expected, you need to tap to keep afloat and then guide your way through barriers to continue through the course.
At the end of each level, you’re given your score and the option to try again. I was never any good at Flappy Bird, so I’ve yet to score above 2 in the Flapping Dead.
Opinion: At this point, copying Flappy Bird and putting a tongue-in-cheek spin on things has become a genre of game in its own right almost so, to see a Walking Dead version of the game is hardly surprising. It’s still as fun as Flappy Bird always was, but with more Rick and more Zombie birds. It’s a fun game that might not produce the same level of entertainment as a more original game, it’s still fun to play. Fans of the TV show will particularly like the Flapping Dead and we’d assume that it’d be a great way to pass the commercial break. Those with iDevices in the house will be able to play the game, too as it’s now available for iPads and iPhones.
- Speed (4/5) – With decent pacing and no bugs in sight, the Flapping Dead ran fine on a number of devices I tried it out on.
- Features (3/5) – Let’s face it, this is Flappy Bird with a different skin, but it’s still fun and fans of the Walking Dead will find this amusing as well.
- Theme (4/5) – The Flapping Dead had a number of references to the cult show, ran well and looked decent on high resolution displays.
- Overall (3.5/5) – While not something those fed up of Flappy Bird will enjoy, fans of simple addictive games and addictive alike will get some enjoyment from this.
- Easy to play, addictive and simple – the best kind of game to kill a commercial break.
- Great for the Walking Dead fans who want a fun game to play without all the Zombie gore everywhere.
- Looks good on high-resolution displays and even tablets.
- Just as fun as Flappy Bird was, without the annoying coin beeps.
- If you’re fed up of Flappy Bird, you will be with this as well.
- Doesn’t exactly offer anything new, but if you were just looking for Flappy Bird with a twist, you’ll enjoy this.
Conclusion: The Flapping Dead is nothing new, and nothing we haven’t played before, but it’s not trying to be. Instead, this is a fun homage to one of the greatest shows on TV and one of the most prolific mobile games that we’ve seen since Angry Birds. A fun way to spend the commercial break during your favorite TV show, the Flapping Dead is a simple, addictive game for Android.