Description: Idea is an Android app that allows people to share their latest brainwave with the world, it’s sort of like Twitter for ideas. The app allows you to share an idea with not only text, but an image as well and signing up for an account can be as easy as logging in with Facebook, Google+ or even anonymously. You can share your ideas with others that are using the service, as well as look at others that have shared before you. The general idea here being that so many of our ideas are simply forgotten and that we very rarely share these ideas. Idea aims to put a stop to that and offers you a simple and effective way to share you brain waves with others.
How it Works: Before you can start sharing with others, you need to download the idea sharing app from the Play Store. Once you’ve downloaded the app, you need to sign or create an account, otherwise you won’t be able to share anything. Don’t worry though, you can create an anonymous account if you so wish.
Once you’ve done that, you can take a look at other ideas people have been sharing before you.
Sharing your idea is really simple, all you need to do is hit the plus and start typing your idea in.
The app requires you choose a photo to go along with your idea, but they might take some time to appear in your idea.
That’s all there is to it when sharing a new idea of yours with this idea sharing app. It’s incredibly easy to do and taking a look at other’s ideas can be a good way to get inspiration for upcoming projects of yours or just to get your brain in gear. People can add comments to your ideas and like them too, so you can fairly easy gauge the response from your idea and connect with others.
Opinion: Idea is – excuse the pun here – a good idea. It’s a fun and simple way to gauge how good an idea you actually have, whether or not people like it or if it’s viable. Thanks to the Internet, it’s even easier to find something to do in your spare time than it ever has, like a project of some sort or DIY tips. With Idea, you can share your latest scheme with others and get inspiration from ideas shared by others on what to do for your next project. It’s a fun idea, and while it needs some work and more users are needed to make the network viable for regular use, it’s a good start.
- Speed (4/5) – Aside from the fact that photos can take a long time to upload, there’s very little to complain about when it comes to speed here.
- Features (4/5) – A quick and easy way to share ideas with others online, Idea is a great start in the right direction.
- Theme (4/5) – You could say the app is lacking a little in the looks department, but we really appreciate the stock Android look and feel here.
- Overall (4/5) – A solid app that needs a little work, Idea is a way of sharing brain waves with others, and it does that very well.
- Easy to get started with, and you can even log in using one of your social media accounts.
- You can share things anonymously if you like.
- Nothing is more complicated than it needs to be here, and it’s all straightforward.
- You can comment and discuss with people over your idea, as well as other’s.
- Not a lot of users using the service right now.
- Can feel a little barebones, but it’s a decent enough start.
Conclusion: This idea sharing app is off to a decent start, and while it’s clear it needs a little extra polish and some filling out, the core idea is here and works well. Sharing ideas is something we do all the time on Facebook and Twitter, but they often get lost in the noise and forgotten about. Having a central network like this for fresh ideas is a nice touch and it definitely works well. With some added features, perhaps better integration with the big social networks, Idea would be a much better app, but as it stands, this is a good start to a good idea.