Description: Dynamite Convoy is a strategy game for Android that doesn’t take itself too seriously and will remind players of classic World War films. The aim of the game is to detonate dynamite on a bridge so that the convoy of enemy soldiers can’t get across to the other side. You need to place bales of dynamite at strategic points across the bridge in order to complete missions and move onto the next level. With a number of different missions, and curve balls like medics that you can’t kill, Dynamite Convoy will appeal to anyone with even a passing interest in engineering and those looking for a fun and laid back puzzle game will definitely take to this.
Black Friday 2017 Deals: Find Great Deals on Android Smartphones, TV’s, Smart Speakers, Chromebooks and More.
How it Works: First of all, you’ll need to download the game from the Play Store. Simply pick the first mission to start playing and you’ll be on your way to destroying convoys in no time. There are only a certain number of missions available in the free version, so don’t think there isn’t more waiting for you.
When you first start playing, you’ll be given instructions on how to play the game. The idea behind the gameplay is pretty simple, all you need to do is simply place Dynamite in strategic positions to bring down the bridge.
While the first few levels are quite simple, they do a good job of letting you adjust to the increasing difficulty.
As you get through the levels, you’ll end up having to deal with things like medics, which you’re not allowed to kill. Which alter the timing of the game, which is a big part of the game.
The gameplay can be incredibly satisfying when your placement of dynamite pulls off a quick victory.
Opinion: Dynamite Convoy is a fun puzzle game that relies on strategy in small amounts in order to deliver a thrilling experience. The strategy side of things might not be groundbreaking or anything, but it’s certainly a lot of fun, and timing makes up a big part of things here. Bringing back memories of old school War films, Dynamite Convoy should appeal to anyone, but someone who’s a little older might find Dynamite Convoy more appealing than some. Anyone can instantly pickup and play the game, but it does get quite difficult in the later levels, with suspended bridges using ropes, and doctors getting in the way of things. An altogether fun game, Dynamite Convoy has enough unique character here to keep people entertained for quite some time.
- Speed (4/5) – The pacing is good, and timing makes for a big part of the game, so it’s a good job that everything runs just fine here.
- Features (4/5) – With a fresh take on blowing stuff the hell up, Dynamite Convoy is a fun game that anyone can take to, and presents quite a challenge in the process.
- Theme (4/5) – Dynamite Convoy has nostalgia in spades, but that’s not all it has to offer as the explosions look good and we can tell that the developer has paid attention to physics here.
- Overall (4/5) – A fun game that will appeal to an older audience – as well as those looking for something different – Dynamite Convoy invokes memories of your favorite War films as well as being a fun and challenging game.
- Easy enough for anyone to get started with, but still presents a challenge in the later levels.
- Good-looking graphics and such allow for a nostalgic look and feel, with some realistic physics to boot.
- Mechanics like doctors and suspension bridges add a different dynamic to the gameplay while also making it that little bit more challenging.
- Both timing and strategy have a place here, but you don’t need to be an RTS nut to just enjoy the game.
- Soldiers do seem to be able to escape pretty easily.
- Timing and luck sometimes seems to have more of a part than a good strategy.
Conclusion: Dynamite Convoy is a nice fresh take on the whole physics of destroying structure thing we’ve seen blow up (‘scuse the pun) over the last couple of years, and you know what? It’s a lot of fun. While it could definitely do with a little more polish, the game has the core mechanics and looks to be a lot of fun for the vast majority of players looking for something fun and different in the same breath. It might not be for everyone, but Dynamite Convoy makes a great case for one of the few games anyone can take a stab at and have fun with.