Description: Safe Runner is an Android app that aims to keep you safe and secure while you’re jogging or walking around the neighborhood. The idea behind the app is that not all neighborhoods are that safe and there’s a chance you might get attacked or come across a dangerous situation when trying to exercise. Even if your neighborhood is fairly safe though, Safe Runner can be great to easily ring a predefined number if you fall over or for whatever reason you need some help. After all, you can never be too careful these days and if you’re prone to go running at strange times of the day, then it’s always good to be vigilant. For those looking to stay safe as they go for a walk or protect themselves while going on their regular run, Safe Runner is a good option. While the main attraction of Safe Runner is to keep you safe, the app also records your progress like many other fitness apps available. Take a look at the trailer below for more info.
How it Works: First of all, you need to download the app from the Play Store and then enter your security details for later on.
Once you’ve entered your security information into the app, you can choose your type of activity.
When you choose an activity, your device will start tracking you and making a record of your progress.
When you hit the button for the emergency contact, it will send them a sort of distress signal, sending them info about your location and such.
Opinion: Exercise apps aren’t exactly rare on Android, in fact there’s now a great selection of such apps. However, Safe Runner serves a very real need for a lot of runners and walkers, by allowing them to feel safe as well as get information about their exercise. Not everyone will be in need of such an app but, those that have had problems with personal attacks in the past will really appreciate such an app. Anything could happen when you’re going or a jog, you could fall or whatever so, it’s always good to be able to get in contact with someone nice and quickly. It is a shame that it’s a little too focused on women but, unfortunately it is women that face these problems more than men. Needless to say though, the app will work fine no matter whether you’re female, male, walking or running.
- Speed (4/5) – There were no issues when using the app, and everything ran well.
- Features (4/5) – Safe Runner might only be good for one thing but, it fulfills its purpose pretty well.
- Theme (3/5) – With a color scheme that’s openly slanted towards female users, as well as a design that feels dated, Safe Runner could do with a makeover.
- Overall (4/5) – A great little app that serves a very real purpose, Safe Runner is a simple and easy-to-use app that gets the job done.
- Tracks your distance and such, too.
- Great for those running at night or in a rough neighborhood.
- A confidence booster for those that might have been attacked in the past.
- Simple and easy-to-use – anybody could get to grips with this.
- Design and UI of the app could do with an update.
- Seems a little too focused on women users.
Conclusion: Safe Runner is a great little app, and one that anybody can use. Serving a very real purpose, Safe Runner allows folk to go about their exercise routines without feeling unsafe or insecure. In fact, for those that might have come across certain situations in the past, Safe Runner can be a confidence booster. Overall though, Safe Runner is an app that has a lot of room to grow but, it seems a little stuck in its ways. It fulfills the purpose it sets out to do very well indeed, but with a dated interface and a limited feature set, it seems like a forgotten app. Hopefully this isn’t the case though, as Safe Runner is a great app for those that feel unsafe in their neighborhoods or just want a helping hand going about their exercise routines.