Description: Much like Strategy & Tactics: World War II, which we reviewed earlier this year, the USSR vs USA expansion is a great game for strategy fans to sink their teeth in to. Not only that but, those new to strategy games can easily get in the groove with Strategy & Tactics as it’s easy to get to grips with and it has some brilliant charm to it. This is not your typical, stuffy strategy game, it boils down these strategy games down to their core features and livens things up. There’s more to it than your simple, boring RTS title as there’s more flare and creativity here, making it a great mobile title. You can take a look at the game in the trailer below:
Black Friday 2017 Deals: Find Great Deals on Android Smartphones, TV’s, Smart Speakers, Chromebooks and More.
How it Works: Before you start on your quest to crush communism, you’ll need the original Strategy & Tactics: World War II game and the USSR vs USA games from the Play Store. After that you can choose whether to play as the USSR or the USA and start advancing across the globe.
You can also team up with China to conquer the USA with the USSR:
In fact, you can still battle troops pretty much anywhere on the globe!
Opinion: Modern history has always been something I’ve been very interested in and so the first Strategy & Tactics: World War II game was a lot of fun thanks to its accuracy and great attention to detail. The USSR vs USA add-on keeps the accuracy of geological sites but, it takes things in a new direction and allows you to have fun with history. Anyone who’s studied the Cold War will tell you that all of the spying and the back and forth is fascinating but, when things go hot they can become a lot of fun. You can take over the USA as the USSR, crush the English as the USA or basically do what you want and the best thing about it is that you get to live these battles, making your own decisions, making sure you make the best choices possible as you crush your enemies.
- Speed (4/5) – The game is well paced and works well on both smartphones and tablets.
- Features (4/5) – This is more of what was is Strategy & Tactics: World War II but, with a more exciting story and more of a slant towards pure fun, without losing its strategical essence.
- Theme (4/5) – The graphics here are great, the artwork looks good and the soundtrack is a great touch as well. With 3D machines and soldiers though, it could go a little further.
- Overall (4.5/5) – This add-on brings a whole raft of new content and it’s great to be able to play with history like this, creating an alternative history.
- Builds on the great game it’s based on and adds a whole twist on history itself, allowing you to choose your own path.
- The theme and soundtrack are just as good as they always were, giving a real feeling of authenticity.
- Easy enough for newcomers but, in-depth enough for RTS fans to really stay involved.
- The great Cold War never went hot and throughout history the question remains – what would have happened? With this, you can create your own answer!
- Takes a little patience to really get started with the game.
- Some 3D battle animations would help to make the game really pop.
Conclusion: As it stands, Strategy & Tactics: USSR vs USA is a pretty great game and it’s one that both strategy fans and those new to the games can get involved in. It doesn’t take much to learn how to play but, those looking for a more in-depth experience will be happy to note that there’s one to be found here. As for the story of the game, this lets you have a little fun with history, create your own alternative history and choose how you do it. For fans of video games everywhere, the USSR and the modern-day Russian Federation have become big enemies and with Herocraft’s latest game, you can mobilize the troops and take care of business. Or, if you don’t think the USA is up to the task, you can take charge of the USSR and find out. The choice is yours.