Description: Visage Lab has been a popular iOS app that allows you to “touch up” portraits and now, it’s come to Android. The basic premise behind the app is digital make-up. Essentially, Visage Lab allows you to edit and perfect portraits of yourself or others on your Android device. We all know that supermodels are nowhere near as pretty as they seem in the magazines – so why can’t we do the same? With Visage Lab you can come somewhere close and get the same sort of results with just your Android device. Here are some of the things Visage Lab can do:
- Fully automatic face retouch
- Skin makeup with skin smoothing, including removal of face shine, imperfections and wrinkles
- Eye makeup
- Red eye removal
- Teeth whitening
- Color enhancement
- 40+ artistic effects
How it Works: First of all, you’ll need to download the app from the Play Store. Once you’ve done that, you can either take a photo or choose from the gallery.
Once you’ve chosen your photo, it will start to process and automatically enhance it for you.
Hopefully, you should notice a difference right away.
After that though, you can apply some more creative tweaks to your photos. Including some simple filters and effects.
However, you can also get really quite creative and add some more exotic effects to photos.
Obviously, this sort of thing is for those that are a little more creative but, these photos can help to express yourself online.
Opinion: As someone who enjoys photography as a very personal, and introvert experience, taking photos of myself isn’t exactly my idea of fun. Many people feel the same and it can be awkward when you need a cover photo, or a portrait to send to family or friends. With Visage Lab however, you can tweak things a little to create the ideal version of yourself. Certainly, this isn’t for everyone but frankly, the media is full of this sort of thing and if it gives users a slight confidence boost – then why not?
- Speed (4/5) – It doesn’t take long for Visage Lab to perfect a picture and you can get great results in a short space of time.
- Features (5/5) – If you’re only looking to perfect portraits of profile shots, then Visage Lab is one of the best apps out there on Android.
- Theme (4/5) – The theme here depends on what you do with your photos but, needless to say, Visage Lab has all the right tools to bring out the best in yourself or others.
- Overall (4/5) – While it’s not something everyone might use, it’s useful for those needing a shot of themselves quickly for profile photos or to send to family overseas.
- Visage Lab has focused on the areas of photo editing that matter to their audience, and it really pays off.
- If you’re in need of a new profile photo for social media, or even a dating site, this is a great way to boost your self-confidence.
- Teeth whitening is particularly useful for heavy smokers.
- Finally, you don’t have to be a photoshop whizz-kid to make yourself look that little bit better.
- Less harsh teeth whitening would be more realistic.
- Better control of enhancements is needed.
Conclusion: Visage Lab is one of those apps that many will look at think “what a waste of time” but, some people aren’t all that comfortable in their own skin. With a little help from this app, they could boost their confidence. It’s a good app for sending photos to family you haven’t seen in a long time or just one to use for a little help when looking for love online. With some tweaks to the fine-tuning of things and more control given to users, it would be much better. As it stands though, Visage Lab is already a pretty good app if you’re willing to give it a chance.