Description: Killer Mobile are back with Total Recall 2. One of the very few call recorders to actually do what it promises, this time around it’s been revamped and has new options and an easy to use interface. Total Recall 2 takes the hard work out of call recording too, with automatic defaults and a number of settings you can easily tweak to your liking. Unlike other apps, this feature two-way recording and doesn’t just record from your microphone, it records both sides of the conversation. Making these recordings something that you can really use. Thanks to Killer Mobile’s experience in the field since 2003, this is a developer you can trust. If you need to record calls, Total Recall 2 is one of the few apps out there that can really help.
How it Works: First of all, you’ll need to download the app from the Play Store. You should note that there is a free trial with the app but, after that you need to pay for it. However, the developers have given you time enough to test the app out.
Black Friday 2017 Deals: Find Great Deals on Android Smartphones, TV’s, Smart Speakers, Chromebooks and More.
If you have root access on your device, it’ll sniff that out and install a special method for your device.
The main screen of the app will list your recordings.
You can simply play through them by hitting the down arrow beside each one and pressing the controls.
When you’re in a call, you’ll see a floating widget on top of your phone app with a few controls on it.
Inside of the app, you’ll see a number of menu items, that have a number of different settings in them.
Some of the settings can be really useful, it’s all about having a look through the menus and seeing what’s good for you.
For a closer look at the app’s features, take a look at the video below:
Opinion: It’s not often that you might need to record calls on your smartphone however, if you’re in a situation where you need to monitor your calls for whatever reason, you want to be using the right tool. That’s exactly what Total Recall 2 is, the right tool for the job. Thanks to the granularity of the settings included in the app, you’re able to control things to just how you like them. Automatic call recording is great for those that don’t want to fiddle with the device when they’re on the phone and the ability to rename each clip is really helpful. The interface is easy to use and everything is broken up nicely, making a fairly complex app nice and simple to use, with all the settings in the background.
- Speed (4/5) – Even when recording a phone call there is no visible performance effect when using Total Recall 2, which is just as it should be.
- Features (5/5) – If you’re looking to record or monitor your calls, this is one of the best choices out there and if you’re a root user, you can get even more control.
- Theme (4/5) – It might be the best looking app out there but, the interface is easy to follow and to get to grips with.
- Overall (4/5) – This is clearly one of the best call recording apps out there, with even more transparency it’d be the best.
- Easy to use interface makes it easy to get to grips with.
- Automatic call recording makes things quick and easy when a call comes in.
- You can name and organize your clips, you can even change the audio format.
- Lots of settings and tweaks to allow you to get the right experience you’re looking for.
- With an even easier UI and menu breakdown, this would be an app for everyone.
- A quick tutorial in the app would be helpful.
Conclusion: Total Recall 2 is easily one of the best call recording apps on Android today. Not just thanks to the true recording of both sides of a conversation, but more so because of the automatic recording and the myriad of settings. When it comes down to something like call recording, you’re probably looking to gather data or information and so being able to rename clips and organize them makes things a lot easier. Also, root users are well taken care of here but, it’s not a necessity which is perfect for business users. All-in-all, Total Recall 2 is definitely the app you go to if you need to monitor or record your calls. With lots of settings to adjust and an easy-to-follow UI it’s one of the best apps out there to keep an eye on your own phone calls.