Android 4.3 still hasn’t been rolled out to any Samsung devices. Heck Android 4.2 hasn’t even been rolled out to any of them yet….at least here in the US. Even though the Galaxy S4 launched on Android 4.2 back in April, and the Galaxy Note 3 launched on Android 4.3 just a few weeks ago. Samsung has said they will be updating the Galaxy S4, Note 2 and S3 to Android 4.3 very soon. In this update, I’d expect to see some compatibility to Galaxy Gear as well. As that is expected to be coming before the end of the year.
According to SamMobile, here’s another leaked firmware of Android 4.3 for the Galaxy S4. this one is build I9505XXUEMJ3 and is for the Snapdragon 600 variant. But this is not for the US variants. While in theory it should work, I wouldn’t try it until someone has ported it over to your variant. The folks at SamMobile have been using this leak for a couple of days and have not noticed any real changes over the last leak. But Android 4.3 is more about under-the-hood changes anyways. Here’s all the information about this leak including a download link:
Country: Open Asia
Version: Android 4.3
Build date: Tue, 8 Oct 2013 23:29:05 +0000
Product Code: OLB
To install here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Extract the firmware file
- Download Odin3 v3.09
- Open Odin3
- Restart your phone into download mode
- Connect your phone to your computer
- Add AP_I9505XXUEMJ3_1840064_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to AP
- Add BL_I9505XXUEMJ3_1840064_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to BL
- Add CP_I9505XXUEMJ3_1840064_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to CP
- Add CSC_OLB_I9505OLBEMJ2_1765174_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to CSC
- Make sure re-partition is not checked
- Finally click the start button
Remember that this will erase all of your data, so you’ll lose all your apps, pictures, and other media. Make sure to back up before hand. Remember we are not responsible for any damage caused to your Galaxy S4 while attempting to flash this update.
Additionally, SamMobile also has a nice video showing off this update if you want to check that out, the video is down below.