Description: Star Girl: Beauty Queen is a game that’s obviously aimed at a younger, female audience. It’s a game that allows the player to express themselves in an MMO-style game in which you’re to become a famous star. Whether that’s by becoming a singer, a fashion model or actress is up to you. With 500+ items of clothing this is a great game for those who love fashion. You can connect with others online as well as flirt with and date celebrities. With lots of activities to do, this free-to-play game is great for teens and young girls no matter where they are in the world.
How it Works: First of all, you’ve have to download the app from the Play Store. Once you’ve done that, you might have to wait for some new content to download.
Once that’s done though, you’ll find yourself in the game world with lots to do.
The first thing you should do is take a look at your quests by opening the clipboard in the bottom left. The first quest is to go home and get changed.
At home you can change your clothes and also change your character’s name online, too.
Obviously, you won’t have many clothes when you first start playing the game so, you’ll want to head into town and hit a fashion store.
Of course, shopping is just one side of things, as you can begin a career as a pop singer and take part in or judge style contests.
You can use diamonds to speed things up and don’t forget that leveling up is the key to unlocking more content. Something that is a lot of fun is judging in the style contents. This mini-game sees you judging couples on which one looks better. Get 10/10 and you’ll receive a gift.
You can also take part in these contests as well.
These contests allow you to create a style icon out of your avatar and then pit them against others playing online. Other users will then vote on your style, if you get enough votes you could easily win your first contest. Winning will give you rewards that you can use to have more fun in-game.
Opinion: With Star Girl: Beauty Queen you’re given free reign to do as you wish, which is pretty great and there’s nothing to stop you from creating your own image or look. Girls all over the world will love this game, and it’s already ranking pretty highly in Google Play. Creating a game for a younger audience is tricky but here, Animoca seem to have done a good job. With decent breadth and good-looking visuals that teens will take to, there’s nothing here a young girl wouldn’t like. With over 500 items of clothing and plenty of places to shop in the online world, it’s like a virtual dream come true. Sure, this is not something I’d normally play but, I know some cousins and such that will really love this game.
- Speed (3.5/5) – For the most part, the game runs fine but, older device might struggle. As for pacing, everything runs at a pace well-suited for the younger audience.
- Features (4/5) – There’s denying that there’s a lot for players to do in Star Girl: Beauty Queen. From dressing up to judging style icons, it’s all here.
- Theme (4/5) – Graphically, the 2D visuals do a decent job and this is certainly something teens will take to thanks to the bright colors.
- Overall (4/5) – It’s obviously not for everyone but, it serves its target audience brilliantly. Star Girl: Beauty Queen is well-suited for the target audience of teen girls.
- Lots of things to do in-game, from dressing up to judging and taking part in style contests.
- 2D visuals and bright colors make this a very appealing game indeed.
- While in-app purchases are present, you can still have a lot of fun without having to pour money into it.
- The MMO-style gameplay gives players a whole lot of freedom to engage in activities they want, in their way.
- Game can run a little slowly at first.
- New players might become a little confused when getting started.
Conclusion: Star Girl: Beauty Queen is an MMO-type game that young teens and girls are going to enjoy all over the world. It ticks all of the right boxes to become a great game for girls. A lot of games on mobile right now focus on hitting everyone and while that’s great, it’s nice for boys and girls to have games that they can really call their own. Star Girl: Beauty Queen and other games in the series are just that. The visuals are very pretty and being able to have a career as a singer or take part in style contests can be a lot of fun. Even though this is a free-to-play game, you can easily play along without the need to throw piles of cash into the game, unlike other franchises. For parents, this is a decent game to suggest to your kids and one that could keep them occupied on long trips or even as an incentive to finish chores or homework.