Sponsored App Review: MoPlay
Description: MoPlay is an Android app for smartphones or tablets that allows you to watch movies and videos in high quality. As you can probably tell from the mysterious look of the Play Store listing, this isn’t your typical Android app. If you’ve ever wanted to watch a hit film a little early, before it hits DVD or Blu-Ray without having to hand over cash, you’ll know exactly what MoPlay offers. We’ll not name any names but let’s just say that MoPlay can deliver blockbusters to your tablet or handset for nothing. Just as with the Internet itself, apps like this are used at your own risk and in most cases, it’s worth waiting for the DVD. Anyway, let’s get on with the review.
How it Works: Just download the app from the Play Store, and you’re pretty much ready to go.
As you can see, ads get in the way right away, which is really disappointing to see. Once you get the ads out of the way however, you can move on to picking a category of movie:
Taking a look at some of the latest movies, you’ll notice some new blockbusters in the shot below:
If you just tap the film and wait for it to load, you can be watching a blockbuster film on your device there and then:
There are more than just films in English however:
Opinion: MoPlay is not an app that I would feel comfortable using. If you’re the type of person that really cannot wait to see something then we suppose MoPlay is a decent option. However, ads ruin the experience right away, which is not what you want when trying to watch something. With options like Netflix, there’s not too much need for something like this anymore. The app itself works okay but, it’s hardly a stellar example of app design. You get what you put in when it comes to MoPlay however, if it were us, we’d just wait for the Blu-Ray.
- Speed (3.5/5) – Depending on your connection speed, movies should load well but, ads can slow things down.
- Features (3/5) – MoPlay at least does what it says it does however, this sort of thing can be risky and it’s hardly a well-polished app.
- Theme (3/5) – If it weren’t for the ads, the design of this wouldn’t be too awful however, things aren’t too great here.
- Overall (3.5/5) – MoPlay does give you the opportunity to watch blockbusters early but, it’s not the safest nor most welcoming of experiences.
- Offers blockbusters before they hit DVD or Blu-Ray.
- Doesn’t take too long to load a movie or video.
- Offers content in more than one language.
- Works well on phones and tablets.
- Ads ruin the experience, there are far too many ads at use here.
- You’re using this at your own risk.
Conclusion: MoPlay is an app that does what it says it does, it’s just a shame that there’s not a lot of market for that out there right now. With services like Netflix and Hulu, there’s little need for something like MoPlay and there’s an argument to be made that cultures have changed when it comes to films and digital distribution. Still, if you just can’t wait for something to hit DVD or BluRay, MoPlay does allow you to watch some of the latest films. Of course, this is all done at your own risk and it’s hardly one of the most welcoming apps in the Play Store. Overall, MoPlay is an app that works – just barely – and one that needs to reduce the amount of ads before it can be considered by most.
Category: Android App & Game Reviews