Black Friday 2017 Deals: Find Great Deals on Android Smartphones, TV’s, Smart Speakers, Chromebooks and More.
Samsung has just released Samsung Wallet to the Play store, providing a much easier way to get it. Before, you had to get it through Samsung Apps on your Galaxy devices. However, it is still completely proprietary and stuck on Samsung devices so if you’ve been itching to get your hands on it, you’re out of luck.
While it doesn’t provide any way of providing payment to anyone, it does have the ability to store things suck as tickets, coupons, and other things one might carry in their wallet. Samsung announced the application at this year’s Mobile World Congress, and it delivers everything that was promised at the time. Now that it’s on the Play Store, I’m surprised that it has remained Samsung exclusive. It serves a similar purpose to that of Apple’s Passbook, but remains Samsung exclusive and leaves the rest of Android out in the rain when it comes to a coupon and ticket holding application. Here are the key features of Wallet:
- Allows the user to put tickets into one of five default categories, or make their own custom categories
- Reminders that allow tickets to show themselves at the right place and time
- Optimized for the HD Samsung devices
- Ability to save coupons to participating grocery store loyalty cards
- Keep all of your tickets, coupons, and boarding passes stored across all of your Samsung devices through your Samsung account.
- Ability to create your own ticket manually
I like the idea of being able to use Wallet to store coupons and tickets, and I love the fact that you can tell it to open the tickets at specific times and places. Disappointingly, it’s not available for my device. As Samsung’s response to Passbook, Wallet provides (some) Android users with a convenient way to carry around anything they might have in a wallet, except for money. I think Samsung owners will be happy with the application and it’s array of functions, but the fact that it leaves the rest of Android behind leaves something to be desired. For all Samsung readers, click the Google Play button below to download Samsung Wallet.