Sponsored App Review: Workout Organizer
When it comes to exercising, we all need a little help staying motivated. It’s all too easy to keep on saying to ourselves “I’ll do it tomorrow”, or “maybe later”. Smartphones and tablets have helped immensely with being able to workout and keep fit without necessarily having to head to the Gym everyday. Of course, for every time we go ahead and download a boat load of apps to teach us the correct way to exercise, we keep on coming with excuses. One way to cut this out, is to set yourself a schedule, and of course there’s an app for that as well. Workout Organizer is an app that’s designed to keep on your back and help you make sure you do the exercise you promised yourself to do. Read on to see just how effective it can be for you.
Description: When you think “organizer” it’s all too easy to think “calendar” or “diary”. However, that’s not what the designers of Workout Organizer want you to think and so they decided to design this app to look like and act like a music player, rather than your everyday diary or calendar. That’s a great way to start things off as well, this way you’ll feel more comfortable with the well-designed interface and feel less pressured to stick to things, than you would if using a calendar with harsh reminders. Workout Organizer will group all of your activities together and make it easy to keep on top of, such as running, cycling, resting and more. With Workout Organizer it’s easy to create sessions and create your own playlist. Take a look at the trailer below for a quick walkthrough of the app:
How it Works: To get started, you’ll first have to download the app from the Play Store, and then you’re good to go.
The app will take you through everything you need to know in order to get things up and running, which is a nice touch. It walks you through setting your activities:
You can choose a workout, give it a different name if you want and set the duration as well:
After you add a few workouts to your playlist, you’ll have something that resembles your preferred method of getting fit, and you can even name it:
If you want some more advanced features, why not consider the full version, which offers things such a push notifications:
This is just scratching the surface of what the app can do, download the app to see how it can help you out!
Opinion: If I’m honest, I don’t get enough exercise, I walk a lot and I don’t snack but, I am the typical person that needs an app like this. I will always tell myself “you can do it later” and you know what? I never do. With Workout Organizer, I can set myself a schedule and make sure I stick to it, or at least I’m more likely to stick to it now that I’ve become a little more organized. The app isn’t perfect, and could do with an upgrade for higher-resolution displays but, the interface is easy enough to work around and it’s a familiar layout that many will get used to in no time. For those that need a little extra nudge, the full version of the app offers push notifications that will motivate you even further.
- Speed (3.5/5) – Workout Organizer is not a slow app but, it’s not the fastest either and in some cases, it took a few seconds to achieve something.
- Features (4/5) – The concept here is pretty great, and it’s one that we can see being appropriate for a lot of people. Especially those that need motivating.
- Theme (5.5/5) – As we said in the Description, this is designed to resemble a music player and it does just that. It’s easy to input new tasks and everything is in easy reach of one thumb.
- Overall (4/5) – While Workout Organizer could benefit from some polish, it’s a good app that has a definite use case that we’re sure a lot of people will learn to love after spending a little time with the app.
- Familiar user interface will help new users get around the app.
- Great for those that need motivating when it comes to getting fit.
- Whatever playlist and schedule you create is your own.
- Workout organizer will encourage good practices when working out.
- App runs quite slowly at times.
- UI could do with updating for high-resolution displays.
Conclusion: Workout Organizer is one of those strange apps that actually serves a purpose. There are a whole host of apps out there in the market that will tell you how to workout properly, and track your progress but, there are few that actually encourage to stick at it. Here, you can create a workout that works around you – and not the other way round. With the ability to get push notifications in the full version, you’ll really be able to reap the benefits of your pre-determined workout schedule and keep on top of your fitness regime for once. This is definitely an app to try out, there’s nothing to lose – just a fit and healthy body to gain!