Featured Game Review: Clash of Legendary Titans
When it comes to mobile gaming, it’s perhaps best to keep things simple, to allow players to enjoy your game to the fullest. Of course, there’s also such a thing as being “too simple”. Clash of Legendary Titans is a game that aims to capture the essence of adventure, grand battles and heroic spirit in a simple smartphone game. It’s an admirable aim but, can the game live up to its promises? Read on to find out.
Description: There doesn’t seem to be a solid storyline to the game, which is a shame but, if you’ve ever played an RPG game, whether on the PC or otherwise you’ll know what to expect here. Essentially, great evils have risen up from the depths and it’s up to you and others to rise up and combat this evil head-on. You’ve got to build up a strong warrior that’s able to defeat such evil and protect the world from falling into doom. You can join a guild, fight against others and more.
How it Works: To get started with the game, all you have to do is download it from the Play Store.
Just hit the play button and you’re good to go:
As soon as I first started to play the game there was already a fighter waiting for me, after a quick battle I had defeated the opponent and I was ready to move on to the main game.
The main menu will show you all of the options you can do to grow stronger and to embark on new adventures.
Certain parts of the game are only available if you reach certain levels:
So it’s a good idea to head to the Arena to level up:
Once you’ve levelled up a number of times, you’ll be able to join in newer battles and such:
Opinion: I think Clash of Legendary Titans is perhaps a game best suited to either a younger audience, or those that are used to playing Dungeons or Dragons. The fact of the matter is, there#s not too much going on here. Most of the time all you’re doing is hitting buttons and waiting for a result, which might be exactly what you’re looking for. For me, thinks seemed a little confused, as if the game was unsure on what it wanted to be. On Android, it looks fine and runs well but, if you’re looking for a game with some action and adventure in it, this might not be for you.
- Speed (4/5) – Clash of Legendary Titans runs well, and there were no issues on a number of devices I tried the game on.
- Features (3/5) – This is perhaps where the game falls down, there’s a lot to do but a lot of it feels extremely similar.
- Theme (3.5/5) – Some of the artwork is promising but, images are too small and there’s barely any animation to spice things up.
- Overall (3.5/5) – There’s some real potential here but, as it stands there’s only a small audience that would really enjoy Clash of Legendary Titans.
- Embodies a lot of what makes Dungeons & Dragons so much fun.
- You can customize your warrior how you like.
- Levelling up is a rewarding experience and it happens often.
- Clash of Legendary Titans comes with a large amount of different quests and fights to play through.
- Artwork and images are too small to be really appreciated.
- Gameplay seems very simple indeed.
Conclusion: When it comes to Clash of Legendary Titans, there’s a game here that I’m sure a certain audience will really enjoy, those that remember the simplicity of Dungeon & Dragons and those that are big fantasy fiction readers. The idea of just hitting a few links and then leaving it all up to a roll of the dice might appeal to some but, I can’t see this being a game that everyone will easily take to. One thing’s for sure, younger players that are currently enjoying a lot of fiction will enjoy this quite a lot, as it’s almost like playing through your own heroic adventure. It’s a shame that there’s not any better images or artwork here but, the levelling system and underlying similarities to Dungeons & Dragons does offer a lot for those looking to play something like this on the go, with little to no hassle. It’s well worth a look and if you stick with it, you might find yourself coming round to the concept.