It’s been a few years since Android 2.1 was announced with the innovative Live Wallpaper feature and we’re still seeing new apps hit the Play Store that put their own new spin on the concept. In the last year or so, we’ve seen tablets come on and with it, larger screen sizes and dizzying resolutions on our smartphones. All of this has made make a decent Live Wallpaper a little more tricky that it used to, you’ve got to use high-resolution assets to make sure you get a quality live wallpaper that users will be willing to not only part with money for but, to keep on their devices. Read on to see if Aircraft Pro is a Live Wallpaper you’ll be keeping on your device.
Description: Aircraft Pro is, as the title would suggest, a high-quality Live Wallpaper that brings the majesty of air travel to your homescreen. It does through by offering a number of different cityscapes, such as Shanghai and Paris, along with some stunning high-resolution graphics and fluid animation. There are a whole range of settings you can tweak and it’s targeted to work well on both smartphones and tablets alike. Making this a great option for your Nexus 7 or Galaxy Tab. Not only that but this is an interactive wallpaper as well, as you can fly the plane through the use of the accelerometer too. Take a look at the trailer below for a quick look:
How it Works: To start creating your own homescreen look with Aircraft Pro, you’ll first need to download it from the Play Store. To set live wallpapers in Android, you just need to long-press on the homescreen, select “live wallpaper” and then select “Aircraft pro” from the list.
You can change a number of settings from the menu before you set the wallpaper:
Once you’ve set the wallpaper, you can see how it looks on your homescreen:
It looks good in landscape as well:
This is just a small example of what Aircraft Pro can do, this is on my Nexus 7 and it really does look good. Try it out for yourself to find a look that you love.
Opinion: Live Wallpapers are certainly not for everyone but, for those that do enjoy sprucing up their homescreens, they offer a great alternative to a still image. Not just that but, thanks to the interactive elements here, there’s an added dynamic. With 4 cities, Vancouver, Shanghai, Paris and Sydney there’s a lot to choose from. If you choose to buy the full version, you get to control a lot more of the wallpaper and tune it to your liking, which could help adjust the hit on your battery life or help it to run a little better on that ageing smartphone of yours. Overall, I like it and while I might not use this wallpaper all the time, the four themes and customization involved offer a lot of options to keep on coming back to.
- Speed (4/5) – This might depend on your device but, when testing the wallpaper ran fine, without slowing the devices down.
- Features (4/5) – With four cities and a number of options to change and customize, there’s a lot on offer for those looking for a unique look.
- Theme (5/5) – A Live Wallpaper such as this has to look good and thanks to the high-resolution imagery and fluid animation, Aircraft Pro Live Wallpaper looks great.
- Overall (4/5) – This is a solid offering for those looking to try out something new on their device, and for those that are interested in flight as well. Aircraft Pro is definitely a Live Wallpaper to try out.
- There are four cities to choose from – Paris, Shanghai, Vancouver and Sydney – giving a variety of looks to the wallpaper.
- Will blend in well with the majority of your favorite widgets.
- Wide range of options to tweak the wallpaper to just how you want it.
- Those that are interested in travel or flight will love this on their tablet or smartphone.
- Does seem to be a little resource hungry.
- More cities would be nice to have.
Conclusion: Aircraft Pro Live Wallpaper is not going to be the app that everyone is looking for. After all, some people completely stay away from Live Wallpapers altogether but, there are more people out there that really enjoy having a little animation on their homescreens, especially on a tablet. For those users, this is a great option and with its four cities to choose from, there’s a lot on offer when you put all the settings together with it. If you’re looking for something a little different, and want a unique look on your device, why not give this a try? Coming soon are new cities and expanded settings to enable some more customization! With HD graphics and a tranquil look and feel there’s very little not to like here, and we’re sure that it’ll make customizing your device a little easier.