Google recently announced a new version of Gmail. Well there’s a new version for Android, but the web version is pretty much staying the same. But they have added a feature where Gmail can auto-categorize your email into different tabs. So you have your Primary, Social, Promotions, Updates, and Forums. Gmail will auto categorize emails into those different tabs. For the power user, like myself, it may not work very well at first. But give it some time and you’ll probably love it. So how do you enable the new tabs and auto-categorization? Well it’s actually quite easy. In fact, it’s almost too easy. Let’s get started.
Black Friday 2017 Deals: Find Great Deals on Android Smartphones, TV’s, Smart Speakers, Chromebooks and More.
- Go to mail.google.com and login if you aren’t already logged in.
- Next you’ll want to click on the Gear icon in the right-hand corner, where settings is
- Then click on ‘Configure Inbox’
- Once you’re there you’ll see all your tabs you can enable.
- Select the tabs you wish to enable, then select ‘Save’.
- That’s it.
Now you have the new Gmail inbox. One thing to remember is the Chrome notifications don’t work well with the new Gmail inbox, at least not yet. Which was my biggest complaint with the update. I’m keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that comes along very soon. Let us know in the comments below how you’re liking the new Gmail inbox.