Featured App Review: Style Star Fashion Advice
Let’s face it, the Internet is awash with brilliant fashion advice and there are a myriad of great websites that can offer some top-notch advice on what to wear, and what not to wear and when. That’s great but, sometimes trawling the Internet for hours is not the best idea of a fun time and it can be damaging to one’s confidence sifting through all these photos of celebrities and beautiful models. Style Star Fashion Advice is a one-stop app for women on the go that need an answer quickly, without the hassle and fuss.
Description: Style Star is like a little black book of fashion secrets that rests inside your smartphone or tablet, it’s always with you and new tips are added every week. With this little app you can find out how to wear certain trends and what sort of clothes to wear and when. Style Star has information covering the following:
What to wear to:
- Horse race
- Date night
- Job interviews
How to wear:
- Skinny jeans
- Boho chic
- Peplum tops
- Maxi dress
- Street style
How it Works: To get started with Style Star you have to download the app from the Play Store. When you launch the app, you’ve got two choices, What to Wear and How to Wear:
Once you’ve selected one of your categories you’ll be given even more choices. Let’s go ahead and see How to Wear:
Let’s take a look at the Maxi Dress for instance:
Then there is also What to Wear, which lets you know what type of clothing to wear depending on the situation:
There are a lot of categories to take a look at, including the all important Date Night:
You can quickly navigate through the app thanks to the included menu system:
The UI is easy to follow and there’s a lot of content on offer, with more coming every week.
Opinion: It’s probably obvious by now that I am not a woman but, I gave this app to my girlfriend to have a look and she agreed that the advice on offer was very helpful. Not just that but being able to take a look at all this info from one app is a real boon, especially when on the go. Trawling through all of the major fashion sites is something you save for when you have some more time on your hands, not when you’re just about to leave the house in the panic.
- Speed (4/5) – Loaded quickly, stress free and there were no ads to slow things down.
- Features (4/5) – Relevant and up-to-date fashion advice, broken up into easily accessible section.
- Theme (4/5) – Overall look and feel of Style Star is classy and easy on the eye, with fashion drawings to illustrate advice given.
- Overall (4/5) – Style Star provides exactly what it promises; star quality advice in a stylish app.
- Quick app to get advice on the go, or just before leaving the house.
- Vast array of situations, such as Weddings and a Date with a new guy.
- Perfect for those times where you need something to wear and you’ve simply ran out of time to try anything else on.
- Android app is very easy to use, with a great menu system and no ads in sight.
- Advice could be considered a little generic for some.
- Might not cover fashion for all styles.
Conclusion: You’ve been there before, you’ve tried everything on and you’ve hated every combination that you’ve tried on, and you really need to get going or you’re going to be late! With Style Star, you can quickly and easily find out what will work and what won’t work, it’s quick and simple advice when you need it most – in a hurry. There are no ads in the app either, and everything is easily laid out in sections to make sure you get the advice you need without any stress. Most common situations are covered by the app and if you’re too embarrassed to ask advice on what to wear to your friend’s Wedding, Style Star will show you. Overall, the app is a solid offering for those looking for a little guidance on what to wear, and how to wear some of the latest trends in fashion.
Category: Android App & Game Reviews