Android is known for a number of unique features, that other mobile operating systems can’t hope to match, but one of the most unique features of Android – whether you love them or hate them – are live wallpapers. Ever since Android 2.1, we’ve been able to customize how our homescreens look in many more ways than iOS, BlackBerry or even Windows Phone. Since then, we’ve seen a number of different Live Wallpapers hit the Play Store, is Gold Clock Live Wallpaper one to make it into your favorites? Read on to find out.
Description: There’s always something about the classical time pieces that we’re all drawn to. The mechanical precision, the attention to detail that went into watches and clocks of the day and the general fun that comes with them. With Gold Clock Live Wallpaper you can take this with you on your smartphone and customize your homescreen in a whole new way. Can’t decide on a clock widget to go with that wallpaper? No need, because this tells the time and looks brilliant at the time same time.
How it Works: Gold Clock Live Wallpaper comes in two versions, there is a free version, that features the basic look and feel of the wallpaper, but there’s also a paid version that delivers more features. Features such as a world clock, weather and more. You can find the free version here, and the paid version here. Once you have your chosen version installed, all you have to do is set the Live Wallpaper and choose it from the list.
Before you set the wallpaper, you can see a preview of it, and you can adjust settings. If you’re using the free version there are no settings you can adjust but, the app will let you know what the paid version will get you:
Once you set it, you’ll see what it looks like on your homescreen:
The free version looks good but, if you want more the paid version offers a lot more. It brings with it a lot more info as well:
Opinion: Live Wallpapers have been around for a long time now, and you could say that everything that can be done, has already been done but, Gold Clock offers something a little different. Not only does it look good but, it can be extremely convenient too, with the ability to show different time zones and weather. As a Brit who works for a US-based website, I need to figure out the time difference between here and the US, with Gold Clock I can do that all from one display.
- Speed (4/5) – Unlike other Live Wallpapers, Gold Clock didn’t slow down any of the devices I tested it on.
- Features (3.5/5) – This might be just another Live Wallpaper but, if you pay for the pro version, it can be a convenient tool to have on your smartphone.
- Theme (4/5) – Gold Clock is certainly a good-looking wallpaper and brings with it a slice of nostalgia to these gadgets we carry around with us all day.
- Overall (4/5) – There’s no denying that not everyone love Live Wallpapers but, those that do will find this a pleasant surprise for sure.
- Good quality images look good on HD displays.
- Smooth performance, no lag was found on a number of devices.
- This is a nice piece of history to take with you everyday.
- Pro version offers a lot more, such as a world clock and weather, for very little.
- Those that don’t like Live Wallpapers might not take to this app.
- Some customization in the free version would be nice.
Conclusion: If you’re a fan of Live Wallpapers, then Gold Clock is a nice addition to your collection, and if you opt for the paid version, you get a lot more to play with such as a world clock and accurate weather. The look and feel of this is pleasant and it’s a nice app to contrast all of the futuristic stuff we do with our smartphones everyday. Add all that to the fact that there’s no slowdown with this and you’ve got a quality Live Wallpaper on your hands.