We’ve seen the Galaxy Note 2 with it’s Verizon branded home button, then the Galaxy Note 10.1 on Verizon with that huge logo on the back, and I mean huge. So we all thought that the Galaxy S4 on Verizon would have a branded button. Well we were wrong, at least for now. We knew that the Galaxy S4 was coming to Verizon since Samsung put in their press release that it was coming to about 6 carriers in the US at launch. Which included Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, AT&T, Cricket, and US Cellular.
Prior to today, we had only seen the Verizon Galaxy S4 in leaks. But Samsung published two new pages on their site. One for the Verizon model in black and one in white. Or is that black mist and white frost? The branding looks to be a bit less than what we saw on the Galaxy Note 2 and Galaxy Note 10.1. In fact there’s only one logo on the back and it looks about as big as the Galaxy S4 logo at the bottom.
The Verizon Galaxy S4 has the same specs as it’s US brothers/sisters. We’ve got the full specs of the Galaxy S4 down below:
- 5-inch 1080p displayHD Super AMOLED Display 440PPI
- 1.9GHz quad-core Snapdragon Processor S4 Pro/Exynos 5 Octa for the International Version
- 2GB of RAM
- 16GB/32GB/64GB internal storage; Expandable via MicroSD card up to 64GB
- 13MP camera on the back, 2MP on the front
- 4G LTE: Cat 3 100/50mbps (up to hexa band)
- Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth 4.0
- IR LED (remote control like in the HTC One)
- MHL 2.0
- 2600mAh battery
- Android 4.2.2 – Jelly Bean
- Available in White Frost and Black Mist
- Dimensions: 69.8mm x 136.6mm x 7.9mm
- Weighs 130g
The Galaxy S4 is hitting other carriers starting May 30th. So we should expect to see it hitting big red around the same time. Unless they have a say in it. So how many of you are excited to see that the home button isn’t branded this time around? Let us know in the comments down below.