Bowling is a lot of fun and by extension, so are skee-ball games. Whenever we want to go and play, it’s never the right time or we’ve got more boring matters to attend to. Which is why it’s great to have these sort of games available to play on Android, meaning we can play skee-ball whenever we like. Read on to see if SideBall can take care of your SkeeBall cravings while you’re on the go.
Description: SideBall is a game that can help bring the fun of Skee-Ball to your smartphone. There’s a lot in the game to keep those Skee-Ball cravings under control, including some really cool power-ups that make the game more fun to play. Such as the ability to make your ball smaller and also a gravity-well to make sure you get the scores that you’re looking for when playing skee-ball. There are even fun items for you to trade in your tickets for, just like at the arcade!
How it Works: To get started with SideBall, you’ll have to head over to the Play Store and download the game for free. Once that’s all said and done you can go ahead and play!
Hit “Play” to start throwing some balls!
The controls are very easy to master, really all there is to it is to just flick your thumb or finger in the direction you want the ball to go. It’s really that simple, it’s satisfying as well when you score a high amount of points and continue to hit high values. At the end of each game you’re given a run-down on how well you did, including how many tickets you’re earned and how many you have altogether:
Now, flinging balls downrange is not the be-all and end-all of SideBall as there are some really cool power-ups for you to explore, some of which you can try out in game as you roll:
My personal favorite is the ability to make your bowling ball smaller as you play, which makes it easier to slip into those big score holes. You can adjust these on the go, and there are a few of them, try them all out and see which you one you like best!
As you earn tickets, you can purchase things inside the store, these range from fun items that you’d expect to see at the arcades, to changing the style of your ball:
Inside the store there is also the ability to buy more tickets and remove ads:
This sort of free-to-play mechanic works pretty nicely here, there’s never a moment where you feel like you need to put up the cash and if you want to keep playing with the same ball you can. There’s a lot to do in SideBall, including achievements in the form of goals and more.
Opinion: Skee-Ball is a a lot of fun to play in real life but, the game certainly lends itself very well to a smartphone game as well. There’s a lot of game here and if you like taking advantage of the touchscreens on today’s smartphones then this is the game to play. With addictive gameplay that requires very little of the user, it’s perfect for casual gamers and those looking for a break from the Xbox alike. It might not be well suited for tablets but, the one-handed gameplay is great and is easy to play on the go while commuting or on your way to school.
- Speed (4/5) – The game runs fine and there are no issues, the pacing is a lot of fun and you’ll be playing game after game before long.
- Features (3/5) – For those that enjoy skee-ball, there’s no reason you won’t love this game but, those unfamiliar with the game might not take to it as well.
- Theme (4/5) – If you remember times spent in the arcade with your parents or when you were younger, this will bring back some of those memories and looks good doing it.
- Overall (4/5) – Sideball is a good game and for those looking for something more casual to play on their smartphones, it’s a great choice.
- Simple gameplay that’s very satisfying.
- Ability to win and trade in tickets just like real arcades!
- Fun-looking graphics will appeal to those old and young alike.
- Casual gamers will love this game for a quick play every now and then or longer sessions.
- Sometimes the controls can be a little unresponsive.
- Not a great game for tablets but, it works best in one hand anyway.
Conclusion: For those looking for something a little more relaxing and accessible to play on their smartphones, SideBall is a great choose. If you remember the good old days of the arcades then this is definitely a game you need to try out. Being able to use power-ups to alter the gameplay is a nice touch and really helps to put a fresh twist on something that could look a little dated by now. Overall, SideBall is a lot of fun and definitely something that’s easily recommended to others.