Verizon just pushed out Jelly Bean to the original Droid Razr and Razr Maxx, and now they are getting ready to push out an update to the Droid Razr HD and Droid Razr Maxx HD. Verizon has approved update 9.16.6.XT926 for both of the Razr HDs. So we should be seeing it roll out over the next few days. In the meantime we can check out what’s new in this update.
Black Friday 2017 Deals: Find Great Deals on Android Smartphones, TV’s, Smart Speakers, Chromebooks and More.
Looks like Verizon/Motorola fixed just about every bug in this update. Everything from security, to data roaming, and even some Wi-Fi connectivity issues that users were experiencing. Here’s what the changelog looks like:
- Google Security Patches have been added for additional security
- Data roaming fix has been implemented
- Connection/disconnection detection has been improved when using USB
- Improved Wi-Fi connectivity
- Wallpaper options are shown when home screen icons are selected
- Camera improvements have been made to touch-to-focus, notifications and low light performance
- In-call audio routes to earpiece when connected to headset has been improved
- Improvements to video streaming pixilation have been made
- Media sync stability has been improved
The update isn’t available yet, but should be out in the next few days as we stated above. So by Monday/Tuesday you can start spamming your update button, by doing the following:
- About Phone
- System Updates
- Check for Updates
In the meantime, we’ll be keeping an eye out for when the update becomes official and starts to roll out. Maybe we’ll see that Motorola has dropped all their bloat in favor of Google Apps, like they did in the OG Droid Razr/Razr Maxx update? If you own the Droid Razr HD or Droid Razr Maxx HD, are there any bugs that still need to be fixed that haven’t been mentioned in the changelog? Let us know in the comments below.
Source: Verizon Support