Sponsored Game Review: Domino Live
If you like the old games, that have some form of tradition around them, like Mahjong, or Backgammon then chances are you’ve played Dominoes before. That’s right, they actually serve more of a purpose than just awesome YouTube videos. Dominoes is a game that’s always been played throughout the ages and now, you can play against others online. Read on to find out more about Domino Live.
Description: Domino Live is a game that will let you play the classic game of dominoes against other real players, to compete in real-time. There are three variations of Dominoes included in the game; Five-up, Draw and Block. Dominoes is a game of skill using 28 dominoes where each player gets 7 or 9 dominoes to start with. If you’ve played the game before, you should be familiar with how this plays. Take a look at the video below to find out more.
How it Works: To get started with Domino Live, just head to the Google Play Store to download the app to start playing:
You’ll have to set-up an account to start playing as well, once you’ve done that you’ll see the lobby with all its available games to play:
You can play for free or play for cash-exchangeable $Tickets. On the right-hand side of all the games in the lobby, you’ll see the “$Ticket” column, if this is filled in, it means you have to enter with certain tickets that are paid for:
To find out how to get $Tickets, just take a look in the menu screen for information on this and more:
This menu will also tell you how to play the game if you don’t know how to, or if you’ve never played before:
When you start a game, it’s a simple process to play the game, and if you’ve played the game before then you’ll know what to do already:
As the game goes on the board gets more crowded with dominoes and you’ve got to think a little more about your next moves:
Opinion: I’ve never been too much of a domino player but I can certainly see the domino’s appeal and its place especially with our Internet-connected mobile devices. As opposed to the newest types of games most of which will wind up as quick-passing fads, traditional games like dominoes have withstood the litmus test of history and millions of domino’s fans can vouch for it. With Domino Live, you’ll see the appeal of getting back to basics – the added dynamic of communication and competition with real players from all over the world can be a welcome change from playing a mindless racing game with bots.
- Speed (4/5) – Everything ran fine and there were no issues as I was playing the game.
- Features (4/5) – You can definitely say that that this is just a way to play Dominoes on mobile but, there’s more to it than that.
- Theme (3/5) – While the Dominoes are easily read etc, the game could definitely do with a fresh coat of paint.
- Overall (4/5) – If you want to play something online, competitively, but don’t want to play some 3D game or poker, then you should definitely look into Domino Live.
- Simple, but rewarding gameplay.
- Rules are clearly explained inside the game when and if you need them.
- Playing against others is a nice twist on an old game.
- For a lot of people, Dominoes might be a completely new game that they’ve never played.
- You can easily play on the go or at home for as long as you like.
- As dominoes is a traditional game, the younger audience searching for the most modern types of games might want to look elsewhere.
- Domino Live could do with a makeover and an updated look and feel.
Conclusion: Domino Live has implemented traditional domino game as a social gaming platform where players from all over the world can communicate and compete with each other in real time. The appeal of a traditional domino game is only magnified by our modern Internet-connected mobile devices. If you’re familiar with the game and you know how to play, then you’ll fit with Domino Live very well, indeed. Newcomers to the game shouldn’t be scared away though, it’s a simple game to pick up and just like a lot of classics, it can become very addictive, very quickly.
Category: Android App & Game Reviews