This morning AT&T announced that the Jelly Bean update was rolling out to the HTC One X, then it was pulled, and now it’s back again. Looks like AT&T is playing some games. But anyway, we have the update file along with the instructions on how to install it. Make sure you read this entire post before attempting to install the update, and as always, we are not responsible for any damage caused to your device.
Black Friday 2017 Deals: Find Great Deals on Android Smartphones, TV’s, Smart Speakers, Chromebooks and More.
- AT&T HTC One X on stock recovery and stock firmware
- OTA File: OTA_EVITA_UL_JB_45_S_Cingular_US_3.18.502.6_0.24p.32.09.06_10.130.32.34…
1. Download the file above
2. Place it on the root of your phone’s storage. (i.e. /sdcard/)
3. Boot into recovery. (Power off > hold volume down and power button, until you see the fastboot screen, then use the volume keys to navigate to “recovery” and press power. Then press and hold both volume buttons and press and release the power button. You’ll then see a blue menu.
4. Flash the update (use the “Apple update from internal storage” option and navigate to your file)
5. Let the update install, then allow the phone to reboot, and Voila! You’ve got Jelly Beans.
That’s it. That is how you can install the official OTA update to Android 4.1 for the HTC One X on AT&T. We knew it would come sooner or later, but it took AT&T long enough right?
Here’s what’s new in the update:
- Google Now, which provides you with the latest relevant information you need, when you need it. Whether you’re checking the weather, checking flight information, tracking a package or more, you can get the information that matters most immediately in a single swipe.
- Changes to the notification display that groups updates from the same application together and allows you to expand or collapse any notification.
- The ability to view the full text of an SMS message and the full photo of a MMS in the notification window.
- An event notifications display that offers more of the event description, allowing you to quickly see relevant details without having to open an app.
- New countdown timer for the front-facing camera.
If you install the update or get the OTA, let us know in the comments below how the update is working out for you.