One of the new features introduced in Ice Cream Sandwich back in November of 2011, was Android Beam. This feature basically allows you to transfer pictures, webpages and more by tapping two devices with NFC back to back, as shown in the video below where we beam Androidheadlines.com from the Nexus 7 to the Droid DNA. Here’s how you do it.
1. Turn on and unlock both devices
2. Make sure NFC is turned on, on both devices
2-1. Go into settings
2-2. Tap on More under Wireless & Networks
2-3. Tap the checkbox for NFC
3. Go to the picture or webpage you want to beam to the other device.
4. Once the NFC chips connect, you’ll see “Touch to Beam” at the top of the screen.
5. Tap the picture or webpage and watch it go to the other device.
6. Just confirm that you do want to receive the transfer or open the webpage on the second device.
7. And that’s it.
Android Beam is actually a really cool feature. Samsung did a bit more with it on the Galaxy S3. They have their own feature called S Beam, which uses NFC as well and can transfer files up to 1GB in size. You can only do S Beam between to Samsung devices unfortunately. But they do support Android Beam.