Android How To: Activate and Set Up your Brand New Android Phone or Tablet
Who just purchased a brand new Android phone or tablet? Well you probably want to know how to set it up right? It can be a bit confusing, but we are here to help. We’re going to walk you through step-by-step on how to set up your new device.
1. Turn on your device.
2. Select the language
3. If needed, connect to Wifi
4. If you have an existing Gmail account, select Yes, otherwise select No.
5. If you have a Gmail account, enter your credentials and click the next arrow.
6. It will take a few seconds to get logged in
7. Backup & Restore; this screen will ask you if you want to restore this device from your Google Account, and if you want to keep this device backed up to your Google Account. You’ll usually keep these checked. Once done, select the next arrow on the right
8. Google & Location; Here is where you can choose to enable GPS or not. You can also do it again later. Once done, select the next arrow on the right
9. You’re all set up, now select Finish
Now you’re not quite done. That is just the initial set up. You still have to download and install apps, add your other accounts, change your settings to how you like them, etc. It’s also important to note that the screen shots shown above will not always be the same. Some carriers and some manufacturers change their set up wizard and adds extra things. You can take a look at the HTC Droid DNA set up as an example.
Category: Android How To Guides