CES is now over and done with, we are all back to our normal, boring lives. But the Sony Xperia Z won 12 different awards at CES. Yes twelve. CES had over 3,000 exhibitors and about 20,000 new products launched last week. So far we don’t know if CES 2013 set a new attendance record, since the official numbers aren’t in yet. But it was a great show for all the exhibitors that were in attendance in Las Vegas last week. With CES comes awards. And the Sony Xperia Z seems to have run away with the most of them. Here are the twelve awards the device won.
Black Friday 2017 Deals: Find Great Deals on Android Smartphones, TV’s, Smart Speakers, Chromebooks and More.
- Popular Mechanics: CES 2013 Editor’s Choice Award
- TechnoBuffalo: Best of CES 2013
- Laptop Magazine: Best of CES 2013
- Tech Radar: Best of CES 2013: Best Cell Phone
- Stuff: CES 2013 Hot Stuff
- Gotta Be Mobile: CES 2013: Best Phone
- PC Pro: CES 2013 Greatest HitsL Best Smartphone
- Mobile Geeks: Best smartphone
- Ubergizmo: Best of CES 2013
- Computer Act!ve: Best of CES 2013
And a finalist for two more awards:
- TechnoBuffalo: Reader’s Choice
- CNET: Best of CES
So congratulations is definitely in order for the Xperia Z. But we can’t say that the device didn’t deserve it. It seemed like Sony pulled out all the stops for the Xperia Z and Xperia ZL. Starting off 2013 with a bang, hopefully Sony will have a great year. But Sony, please bring this device to all the carriers in the US. If you do, I can almost guarantee that you’ll have a great 2013.
For those of that may have forgotten the specs for the Xperia Z, here’s a quick refresher:
- 5-inch, 1080p display
- Dust proof, water resistant
- Snapdragon S4 Pro Processor, quad-core 1.5GHz
- 2GB of RAM
- 16GB internal storage; expandable via micro SD card slot
- 13.1MP rear-facing camera; 2.2MP front-facing camera
- 2330mAh battery
- Android 4.1.2 – Jelly Bean
So as you can tell, the Xperia Z really did deserve these awards. Especially since there were really no other Android phones announced at CES this year. Sure there were the usual devices from the Chinese manufacturers like Huawei and ZTE. But the Xperia Z outshines everything those two OEM’s brought to the table. Let’s see how long it is before we see the Xperia Z on sale in the US. Hopefully it’ll be real soon.
Source: Sony Mobile Blog