It’s been a heavy week of news, with rumors flying all over the place concerning HTC’s upcoming M7 and Samsung’s upcoming Galaxy Note 8.0 device. This week there’s a bit of a shake-up when it comes to our line-up; I’m joined by Chris Yackulic and Alexander Maxham as always but, this time around there was room for Doug Scudder and Randy Arrowood! Not only has it been a big week for rumors but, there have been some controversial Android news stories passing through Android Headlines. With the DMCA’s new exception that makes it illegal to unlock your carrier phone and Randy’s prediction for Samsung’s future. Whether or not you agree with some of Randy’s thoughts on Samsung’s future, we dig a little deeper and explore the evidence and speculate a little on the whole subject. My take? Watch the podcast to find out! From now on, we’re going to be doing something a little different and you can see the stories – complete with links that open in a new tab – in the order we cover them so you can follow along with us! Let us know if this is an improvement in the comments.
From the list of topics below you can see that the show was focused around HTC, Samsung and the new exception that’ll have you keeping that AT&T smartphone right where it belongs. If you didn’t catch the show first time round then, watch the video below!
- Google Working with ASUS for 2nd Generation Nexus 7
- HTCRUU.com Forced To Shut Down And Hand Over ROMs and Domain to HTC
- Could Events in Both London and New York on Feb. 19th Give us the M7?
- Nvidia Could Make Their Own Smartphones and Tablets; With a Twist
- Guess What? It is Now Illegal To Unlock your Phone in the US
- It’s Now Illegal To SIM-Unlock your Phone, Here’s What You Need To Know About It
- JK Shin Confirms the 8-inch Galaxy Note for Mobile World Congress
We also went through Randy’s controversial series of posts concerning Samsung and the game they’re playing when it comes to Android and their future with the platform:-
We’ll be back next week and we hope you enjoyed the show!