The “Winter White Event” has begun at Rogers Wireless in Canada and they are breaking out all the stops for this one. Hand-picked white LTE devices have been dropped by $100 and there is also an exclusive white phone in the mix. So let us get to it.
The Canadian carrier has announced a white edition of the LG Optimus G and plans to release the device in February(pending) for their “Winter White Event”. To keep the records straight, this is the 2600MHz version of the handset. You can pick up this snow-white beauty on their “Talk,Text, and Internet” plan for an icy cool $24.99 with the 3-year contract. Plans start at $45.00/month with 100MB of data up to $95.00/month with the unlimited plan with 5MB of data.
The Optimus G from LG is not the only white knight that Rogers will be offering in this Winter 2013 event. They will also have up for grabs other top-of-the-line Android handsets and a Windows 8 one as well. Both the 16GB and the 32GB versions of the Samsung Galaxy SIII have had their prices cut, as well as their big brother the Samsung Galaxy Note II. From HTC, Rogers will be offering the One X in white with the price slashed, and in case you haven’t done the math, that will bring this one down to $0.01 on a three-year contract.
Now I know this is an Android site, but for keeping in the spirit of the Rogers story and the great deals that they have to offer Canadian cellular consumers this winter, I would feel a bit unamiable to leave this out of the story. As I mentioned, there is also a Windows 8 handset in the mix. This is the brand new Lumia 920 from Nokia that was launched earlier this week in white. The Lumia will get its price tag cut by $100 as well.
Here is the full line-up for the “Winter White Event”, it is going on now so get over there and get your Android deals Canadians.
- Samsung Galaxy S III 16 GB in White drops to $99.99 on a 3-year “Talk, Text, and Internet” plan
- Samsung Galaxy S III 32 GB in White drops to $99.99 on a 3-year “Talk, Text, and Internet” plan
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 in White drops to $149.99 on a 3-year “Talk, Text, and Internet” plan
- HTC One X in White drops to $0.01 on a 3-year “Talk, Text, and Internet” plan
- Nokia Lumia 920 in White drops to $49.99 on a 3-year “Talk, Text, and Internet” plan
- LG Optimus G 2600 in White (launching February) priced at $24.99 on a 3-year “Talk, Text, and Internet” plan