For Nexus owners out there, it looks like today is shaping up to be a pretty exciting day, not only because there’s soon to be the opportunity to grab hold of more Nexus devices but also because of updates. Earlier, we heard reports that the 4.2 Jelly Bean update was indeed rolling out to some Galaxy Nexus users and now we can confirm that if you’e a Takju running G.Nex owner then the update should be on it’s way to you right about now. If it isn’t, then you can always download the update now but, it’s not for the faint of heart but – you guys are fine with that, right? The build is JOP40C
There a couple things to know about first, you need to have adb set up on a PC within reach and if you haven’t got that – or no clue as to what I’m on about – then you can go ahead and take a look through this guide. With that in mind, you’ll need to download the Update.zip, which you’ll find here. With that in mind, just follow the steps below for Jelly Goodness:
- First of all download the zip file above, do NOT rename this file.
- Reboot your Galaxy Nexus while holding the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons – this will take you to the fastboot menu
- From there, hit start and then hit the Volume Up key to get to Recovery and hit the Power Button
- If you’re stock – with no CWM – then you should see a red exclamation point, after this hit the Power Button and the Volume Up button
- From here, select “apply update from adb”
- Then go ahead and open up a command prompt – terminal in Linux and Mac OS X – navigate to the same directory as the downloaded zip and input this command: adb sideload e587de13bf8a.signed-takju-JOP40C-from-JZO54K.e587de13.zip
- Reboot and then you should be in Jelly Bean 4.2!
Let us know how it goes in the comments below and for those of you who have CWM installed I’m sure that a version installable through that will be available on XDA soon so, again let us if you find anything. It’s certainly ramping up to a Nexus Xmas, am I right?!