Featured App Review: Password Genie
In this day and age there is so much that we do with our phones that they have all sorts of information on us. They know who we bank with, they know where we go and what we like. We use our smartphones for everything these days and it’s for this reason that we can’t become complacent. We realize that it’s convenient to have all your personal information on your phone but, you need to do in a controlled manner. Make sure your stuff is safe and you have control over it – even if your phone is stolen or you lose it. Read on to find out why Password Genie from SecurityCoverage can help.
Description: This is the app that will help lock away all of the personal information that we keep in our smartphones and it’ll also make sure that if the whole lot falls out of our grasp that we still have control over it. Password Genie is essentially an encrypted locker for all the sensitive data that we’d like at our fingertips without exposing it to risk. For instance, Passport information, Bank Account info, Website Logins etc.
Take a look at the video below to see just what this app can offer you:
How it Works: Considering the complexity of the app, it’s really quite easy to get up and running with: all you have to do is go ahead and download the app from the Play Store and then you have to sign up for a Security Coverage account, to sign up for one just use your Google account by clicking the magic button or by inputting your Gmail address:
It’s here that you’ll be asked to create a 4 digit passcode, not unlike that of the PIN number of your bank cards.
After this you’ll be taken to the main menu and it’s here that you’ll be able to input all of the information that you want the app to save.
You can pick from a number of different categories and each one allows you to input whatever you want into relevant fields, such as your user account of your favorite Android website:
There’s access to support through the main screen which includes how to guides, making it a lot easier to get to grips with the app.
It’s worth noting that the app comes with a 30-day free subscription, giving you plenty of time to get to grips with the app and decide if you want to continue using the app.
Opinion: I’ve somebody who takes online security very seriously after all, I work on the internet and I’ve lived in a digital lifestyle for some time. Now I’m not going to say I’m all digital all the time but, when it comes down to it a lot of my life revolves around the web and I take a lot of care to make sure it’s all safe. This means I change my passwords quite a lot and it also means that I sometimes forget them, making Password Genie perfect for those times when I need to sign in to something and the password is even more ridiculous then the last one I chose for it.
- Speed (4/5) – I have nothing to complain about when it comes to speed but, it also didn’t blow me away.
- Features (4/5) – At the end of the day, Password Genie manages your passwords but, it’s all wrapped in a very easy to use manner and that’s important for everyone.
- Theme (3/5) – There are elements of the app taking on the Android 4.0 and above theme but it doesn’t go far enough and it can get a little muddled from time-to-time.
- Overall (4/5) – As password managers go, this is one of the best and it was a lot of fun to use and it serves a very real purpose.
- There’s a lot on offer when it comes to Password Genie and will help those with poor memories.
- Keeping on top of your personal data is very important these days, especially if you spend a lot of time online.
- Having a digital safe like this is essential if you trust the internet with a lot of your data.
- Immediately asking for GMail access might turn some people off.
- The theming could be a lot better
Conclusion: If you’re somebody that spends a lot of time on the internet and has fully embraced the web then it’s more important than ever that you be secure as well. With Password Genie you can go a long way to getting yourself secure. The app will also encourage you to have more of the info normally lying around at home at your fingertips because it feels safe knowing your info is secure. There’s also an online portal that you should check out as well! Go ahead and download the app right away if you haven’t already.