It’s finally here. Well, almost. Google is expected to debut the Nexus 10 at their PlayGround event the 29th, but it looks like somebody got their hands on the tablet ahead of time. BriefMobile received quite the leak and boy does it sound pretty awesome. Here’s the specs:
Black Friday 2017 Deals: Find Great Deals on Android Smartphones, TV’s, Smart Speakers, Chromebooks and More.
- 10.1 inch Super AMOLED display running at 2560 x 1600 (298.9 ppi compared to the iPad with Retina display at 263.92 ppi)
- 1.7GHZ Exynos 5250 dual-core processor
- Mali-T604 GPU
- 2GB RAM
- 8GB internal storage (Just kidding! It’s got 16GB)
- No microSD card slot, though an added 32GB version is highly likely
- 5 megapixel rear-facing camera with LED flash
- Front-facing camera
- WiFi, NFC, Bluetooth 4.0
- Dual speakers on the front
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
Yes, Android 4.2 is labeled as Jelly Bean which means that Key Lime Pie will not be version 4.2 as some have speculated. Even though the Nexus 10 doesn’t have a quad-core processor, for one, that’s to keep the price down and two, this is Samsung’s latest generation CPU running on the Cortex A-15 and Mali-T604 GPU.
In other words, this tablet should fly. When it comes to the design, that’s all a matter of opinion. Either way, the back feels like brushed aluminum, the edges are coated in rubber, and is said to be extremely light and thin. Oh, and good luck with Apple trying to say the Nexus 10 is a copy of the iPad 🙂
We’ve got quite a few photos after the jump from both the look and Android 4.2 itself. Also, there’s a benchmark courtesy of GLBenchmark. Are you excited for the Nexus 10?