It’s not everyday you see a waterproof phone, but Sony has been adding that as a unique feature to some of their Xperia devices. With how much we use our phones and will often have them sitting on say the dinner table, there’s always the chance of having some sort of accident and, if you’re not careful, completely destroying your device.
Either way, Sony has you covered with the Xperia V and not only that but will offer the phone completely unlocked, with pretty solid specs, for just over $650. Considering we talked about the Sony Xperia Acro S earlier today that is also unlocked and costs $599.99, you might wanna hold off a few more months if in the market for an LTE based unlocked phone.
Here’s the specs:
- 4.3 inch 720 x 1280 pixels scratch resistant display (342 ppi)
- Waterproof and dustproof
- 1.5GHZ Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 MSM8960 dual-core processor
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB internal storage with microSD card support up to 32GB
- 13 megapixel rear-facing camera
- 0.3 megapixel front-facing camera
- WiFi, aGPS, MHL, LTE
- Available in white, black, and pink
- 1,750 mAh battery with up to 7 hour talk time
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
Considering the Xperia V is coming out later this year, it’s surprising to not see it have 4.1 Jelly Bean. Also, if you’re going to throw in such a nice camera on the back, why not put a decent camera on the front? Not sure what’s up with that, but you can keep an eye on the phone here.