Gigabyte has announced the newest addition to their growing mobile phone unit. The GSmart Rola is a dual-SIM phone on a fully-packed Android device running Android 2.2 (Froyo). About the only thing disappointing are the performance specs, which seem to fit the minimum requirements for Froyo. Among others:
- 240 x 400 resolution, resistive 3.2 in touchscreen
- 512 MB ROM, 256 MB RAM, up to 32 GB with microSD
- 528 MHz processor
- both SIMs with Quad Band GSM. HSPDA 3G network
- stock Android 2.2 (Froyo)
- the usuals: WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, and even FM Radio
Although a little lacking on the performance end, nowadays, it is far and few the phones that come with stock Android, and even more rare with dual SIM. GSmart Rola is coming out in Q1 2011 at 179 euro. Although I don’t see it being very popular in the States, I do see it going very well in other countries where numbers are divided into carriers, making it cheaper to call within network.