At a press conference in Sn Francisco, Sprint announce a trio of phones ranging from $50 to $149. The phones come with a range of features, including Sprint ID, which is similar to putting a “theme” on your phone with specific apps, ring-tones, and settings.
The Zio, previously leaked will be launched Oct. 10 for $99 with a two-year contract. Feature
- 3.2 MP camera with video playback
- 3.5 inch WVGA 480 x 800 resolution touch screen
- 512 MB internel memory, 2 GB micro SD Card
- Sprint Zone
- Sprint Music Plus
- Sprint ID
- GPS, Wifi, Bluetooth, MP3 Player
LG Optimus S
The Optimus is the lower end of the three phones at $49.99 with a two-year contract and a launch date of Oct. 31. Even with it being the most inexpensive of the two, it is the only one packing Froyo Android 2.2.
- 3.2 inch 320 x 480 HVGA
- 3.2 MP camera with digital zoom
- Mobile Hotspot
- MP3 Player, bluetooth, GPS
The Transform is the higher end of the two and vaguely resembles the Samsung Fascinate. The phone will be $149 with a two-year contract and will be launching on Oct 10.
- Android 2.1
- Full slide-out QWERTY keyboard
- Dual cameras: front facing- VGA for video conferencing. Rear facing- 3.2 MP with flash, no zoom, camcorder
- Google apps
- 256 MB RAM/512 MB ROM
- 3.2 inch QVGA 480 x 320 touch screen
- Sprint Zone, Sprint Music Plus, Sprint TV
- Wifi, Bluetooth, GPS