T-Mobile’s Motorola Cliq XT has been reported to be getting an update, but it’s not Android 2.1 update many are all waiting for. Instead, it’s various basic maintenance updates. Here’s what’s being fixed and improved:
- Overall phone performance: Users will notice a significantly improved overall performance and responsiveness to input requests, including: opening applications, answering calls, opening the Happenings widget, and downloading attachments and pictures within email.
- Additional stability: Improved stability, resulting in fewer occurrences of unresponsiveness and/or programs quitting unexpectedly.
- Bluetooth performance: Improved performance and connectivity with other Bluetooth devices.
- Messaging: Prevents erroneous notifications that a message has not been sent. Also resolves MMS sending / receiving functionality issues in certain scenarios.
- Touchscreen: Improved touch screen sensitivity and touch response.
- Swype: Includes updates to the latest version of the SWYPE software, resulting in improved overall performance of the application.
Motorola still has the Android 2.1 update pushed back for late Q3/early Q4, so all the Cliq XT users will have to wait a little while longer for that.