The Samsung Galaxy Apollo is coming soon to Telus Canada and it is an impressive mid range Android phone. The Samsung Galaxy Apollo will have Android 2.1 ‰clair and run a 667 MHz CPU, TouchWiz 3.0, and 256 MB RAM. The Other must haves on any Android phone are WiFi b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0 and even GPS.
A list of other key features for the Samsung Galaxy Apollo:
Black Friday 2017 Deals: Find Great Deals on Android Smartphones, TV’s, Smart Speakers, Chromebooks and More.
- Quad-band GSM and dual-band 3G support
- 3.6 Mbps HSDPA support
- Smart dialing
- 3.2″ 16M-color TFT capacitive touchscreen of WQVGA (240 x 400 pixel) resolution; multitouch input
- Android OS v2.1 Eclair
- TouchWiz 3.0 UI customization (on both, I5801 has Orange UI too)
- 667MHz CPU; 256MB RAM
- 3.2MP autofocus camera with face, smile detection and geo-tagging;
- [email protected] video recording
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n support
- microUSB port (charging) and stereo Bluetooth v3.0
- GPS with A-GPS connectivity; Digital compass
- microSD slot (32GB supported, 1GB in the box)
- Standard 3.5 mm audio jack
- DNSe audio enhancement; Stereo FM radio with RDS
- Accelerometer and proximity sensor
- 1500 mAh Li-Ion battery
- Superb audio quality
- Document editor
- DivX/XviD support
- File manager comes preinstalled
- Swype predictive text input
The Samsung Galaxy Apollo has a few disadvantages though:
The Phone resolution is poor with bad sun light legibility, Editing complex documents is way too slow and needs a beefier CPU, no flash support, and the video recording is poor.
So as Samsung packs an Android powered punch to the Canadian smart phone market you have to wonder what else the Samsung Galaxy has to offer.