While Motorola and Samsung get their latest superphones to market (Droid X and Galaxy S types respectively), HTC is not sitting idly by. †Supposedly they are working on things that will make everyone happy campers. †Everything is in rumor territory currently, but the rumors looks something like this.
- GSM response to Sprint’s EVO 4G
- 4.3 inch screen (HTC’s answer to Samsung’s Super AMOLED)
- 1.5 GHz processor
- 1080p video recording
- 8 MP rear camera with 1.3 MP front-facing camera
- much better battery than the EVO
- running Android 3.0
- basically EVO 2
- launching on Sprint
- Spanish word for flavor
- Also with HTC’s answer to the Super AMOLED, and very high resolution
- 2 GHz processor
- 10 MP rear camera with VGA front-facing camera
- running Android 2.5 (referred to as Gingerbread, but we don’t know Gingerbread’s release number yet)
The information about the HTC Sabor was from a tipster who also had this to say, “The HTC Sabor is expected to debut sometime 2010-end/early-2011 which is quite a long time from now. However with specs like these it makes perfect sense. After all, we may be seeing a HTC Evo 4G II and Motorola Droid XI by then.”
It looks like you should take much of this with perhaps a handful of salt. †There is contradiction between these two. †For example, if one is running Android 3.0 (Ace), it is probably a later device than one running 2.5 (Sabor), so why does it have lesser specs?
Suffice it to say, that HTC is working on more Android handsets to compete in the superphone space.