So we just got an OFFICIAL Twitter app and other than sync it left a lot to be desired in my opinion but what else is out there? What app should you go with. I personally have Touiteur and the Official App installed cause I like the sync feature of the official app but I like everything else about Touiteur by LevelUp Studio. However, I have had a few other apps in my time of using twitter via mobile. Here are a few below that I think you may or may not be interested in, but one always must have options.
I really started with Twidroid.
- Nice clean UI
- Matches twitter with light blue but has other skins
- Press @ and it finds your friends
- Paid has multiple account support
- easy to use
- Free version doesn’t support multiple accounts
- The updates used to happen a lot and didn’t add much
- My wifes is still kind of broken on here G1
I have also used twicca which is in beta but offers a lot
- Another great UI
- Really simplistic
- Press @ and find friends
- No multi account
- Some may see it as TOO simple
But hey, the app has a long way to go, still in beta!
Next is seesmic an app that purchased twhirl and then moved into the twitter game!
Seesmic also has a web app and a desktop app, so triple integration here.
- Mobile, Web and Desktop App
- Multi Account Support and its FREE
- Another simple easy to use UI
- Cool Features
- Press the top bar to skip to the top of the tweets
- For me it didn’t have the wow factor, nothing new
- Add a few more features
Hootsuite is next, not a bad app, just feels a bit too complex for me, and I consider myself an advanced user, they just need to simplify it a bit compared to the other apps, I mean it works, pretty well. My other problem with it is that the iPhone version just got a decent update by adding geotagging, facebook and bump integration. Not bad, still could use linkedin but I heard the API for that is not all it could be yet. Its getting there. Little by little.
- Decent UI
- Multiple Account Support
- With the iPhone getting update, this will likely get the same.
- Needs to be simpler
- Needs an update now
- Linkedin is not there, its on the website though
This app seems to have come a long way in a short time but most of these do or they stay unpopular! This one has a free version with ads and paid with out.
- Free version has multiple account support, only this and twicca seem to have that.
- Nice UI
- Seems to be pretty optimized.
- Have to get paid to remove ads
- The UI is good, but not for me
Twitter For Android
Twitter for android is the newest of the bunch! It can be found on the market. Its 100% free and its the official twitter app of android.
- Great UI, very clean
- Easy to use
- All the features
- Syncs with contacts and the whole phone
- Could get updates due to API and being integrated so closely with Google
- No multi account support period
- Takes up quite a bit of space
This is the one I use. I like it.
- Great UI
- Tons of cool features
- Multi Account Support
- Works very well
- No Free version
I personally use this and twitter for android, the two coupled together give me everything I need in a twitter app, sucks that it takes two, but who doesn’t have two favorites of something.
All of these apps are great contenders, most have all the features you want and I figure that twicca is probably the best free version if you aren’t picky about anything. I know I am picky and twicca just didn’t work for me. Twidroid was my main app for a long time, I switched to touiteur recently and haven’t even looked back. The best thing is to try them all, but we are hoping we helped in the decision process just a bit.